Psychology at Virginia Union University

Psychology at Virginia Union University

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how VUU ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in psychology.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Psychology Degrees Available at VUU

VUU Psychology Rankings

The bachelor's program at VUU was ranked #1,195 on College Factual's Best Schools for psychology list. It is also ranked #32 in Virginia.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Psychology 411
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Psychology 553
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Psychology 1,095
Best Psychology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 1,134

Popularity of Psychology at VUU

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Virginia Union University handed out 17 bachelor's degrees in psychology. Due to this, the school was ranked #1344 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 23% over the previous year when 22 degrees were handed out.

Psychology Student Diversity at VUU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the psychology majors at Virginia Union University.

VUU Psychology Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 17 students earned a bachelor's degree in psychology from VUU. About 76% of these graduates were women and the other 24% were men.

undefined

The majority of the bachelor's degree graduates for this major are black or African Americans. About 100% of grads fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Virginia Union University with a bachelor's in psychology.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 17
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 0
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Psychology Majors

Psychology students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
General Psychology 17

Majors Similar to Psychology

Related Major Annual Graduates
Social Sciences 39
Education 31
Communication & Journalism 17
History 3

View All Psychology Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You