Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Biological & Biomedical Sciences at Wake Forest University

Find Schools Near

Biological & Biomedical Sciences at Wake Forest University

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how Wake Forest University ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in biological and biomedical sciences.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Biological & Biomedical Sciences Degrees Available at Wake Forest University

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biological & Biomedical Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Biological & Biomedical Sciences
  • Doctorate Degree in Biological & Biomedical Sciences

Wake Forest University Biological & Biomedical Sciences Rankings

Wake Forest University is in the top 10% of the country for biological and biomedical sciences. More specifically it was ranked #39 out of 651 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #3 in North Carolina.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 39
Highest Paid Biological & Biomedical Sciences Graduates 51
Best Biological & Biomedical Sciences Colleges for Veterans 258
Most Popular Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 288
Best Value Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 356
Most Focused Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 499

Popularity of Biological & Biomedical Sciences at Wake Forest University

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Wake Forest University handed out 110 bachelor's degrees in biological and biomedical sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #288 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 11% over the previous year when 123 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 57 students received their master’s degree in biological and biomedical sciences from Wake Forest University. This makes it the #81 most popular school for biological and biomedical sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 27 students received their doctoral degrees in biological and biomedical sciences in 2019, making the school the #95 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Biological & Biomedical Sciences Student Diversity at Wake Forest University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biological and biomedical sciences majors at Wake Forest University.

Wake Forest University Biological & Biomedical Sciences Bachelor’s Program

For the most recent academic year available, 44% of biological and biomedical sciences bachelor's degrees went to men and 56% went to women.

Wake Forest University Gender Breakdown of Biological & Biomedical Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 69% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Wake Forest University with a bachelor's in biological and biomedical sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Biological & Biomedical Sciences Majors at Wake Forest University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 9
Black or African American 9
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 76
Non-Resident Aliens 8
Other Races 5

Wake Forest University Biological & Biomedical Sciences Master’s Program

The biological and biomedical sciences program at Wake Forest University awarded 57 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 37% of these degrees went to men with the other 63% going to women.

Wake Forest University Gender Breakdown of Biological & Biomedical Sciences Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Wake Forest University with a master's in biological and biomedical sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Biological & Biomedical Sciences Majors at Wake Forest University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 14
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 23
Non-Resident Aliens 4
Other Races 7

Biological & Biomedical Sciences Majors

Biological and Biomedical Sciences students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
General Biology 145
Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology 28
Physiology & Pathology Sciences 11
Neurobiology & Neurosciences 10

Related Major Annual Graduates
Mathematics & Statistics 66
Computer & Information Sciences 56
Physical Sciences 55
Engineering 17

View All Biological & Biomedical Sciences Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You