Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting at Wayne State University

Find Schools Near

Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting at Wayne State University

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. Also, learn how Wayne State ranks among other schools offering degrees in homeland security, law enforcement and firefighting.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting Degrees Available at Wayne State

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting
  • Master’s Degree in Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting

Wayne State Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting Rankings

The bachelor's program at Wayne State was ranked #142 on College Factual's Best Schools for homeland security, law enforcement and firefighting list. It is also ranked #7 in Michigan.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 251
Best Value Colleges for Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting 294
Most Focused Colleges for Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting 784

Popularity of Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting at Wayne State

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Wayne State University handed out 98 bachelor's degrees in homeland security, law enforcement and firefighting. Due to this, the school was ranked #163 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 16% over the previous year when 116 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 12 students received their master’s degree in homeland security, law enforcement and firefighting from Wayne State. This makes it the #173 most popular school for homeland security, law enforcement and firefighting master’s degree candidates in the country.

Wayne State Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the homeland security, law enforcement and firefighting majors at Wayne State University.

Wayne State Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting Bachelor’s Program

Of the 98 students who graduated with a Bachelor’s in homeland security, law enforcement and firefighting from Wayne State in 2018, 35% were men and 65% were women.

Wayne State Gender Breakdown of Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 53% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Wayne State University with a bachelor's in homeland security, law enforcement and firefighting.

Ethnic Diversity of Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting Majors at Wayne State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 29
Hispanic or Latino 9
White 52
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 3

Wayne State Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting Master’s Program

The homeland security, law enforcement and firefighting program at Wayne State awarded 12 master's degrees in 2017-2018. About 17% of these degrees went to men with the other 83% going to women.

Wayne State Gender Breakdown of Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at Wayne State are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 67% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Wayne State University with a master's in homeland security, law enforcement and firefighting.

Ethnic Diversity of Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting Majors at Wayne State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 8
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting

Homeland Security, Law Enforcement and Firefighting students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Criminal Justice & Corrections 110

Related Major Annual Graduates
Public Administration & Social Service 523
Legal Professions 149
Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies 43

View All Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You