All About Academics
What's the point of going to college without academics? Find out more about the faculty and staff, what majors and fields of study are offered at this college, and information on online classes if offered. Here are some of the things you'll learn in this section.
- The student to faculty (instructor) ratio.
- The Majors offered at this college.
- What online and distance learning options are available.
The total number of instructional staff teaching the 22,350 undergraduate students at West Virginia University is 1,582. When this is adjusted to account for those with part-time status, the result is the "full-time equivalent" (FTE) count. Using the FTE count for students and staff results in a "student to instructor" ratio of 19 to 1 which places West Virginia University among the worst concerning instructional attention.
|For every instructor (FTE) at West Virginia University, there are 19 undergraduate students (FTE). This ratio is among the worst regrading instructional attention.|
|The majority of the instructors (75.0%) are full-time.|
The vast majority of instructors (100.0%) are "faculty" rather than "lecturers".
The Most Popular Majors Students Choose
West Virginia University offers 79 distinct undergraduate degrees, concentrated into 69 majors within 26 broad fields of study. Across all fields of study, West Virginia University awarded 4,349 undergraduate degrees in 2016 - 2017.
|Most Popular Majors||Associates Graduations||Bachelors Graduations||All Graduations|
|Liberal Arts General Studies||0||286||286|
|Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies (Other)||0||228||228|
Additional Questions to Ask
- Are you looking for a lot of flexibility? Does this college offer online or summer classes that might help you finish your degree?
- Interested in graduate school? How many students from this college go on to achieve additional degrees?
- Will a degree from this school land you a job? How many graduates were employed full time a year after graduating?