Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer & Information Sciences at Western Governors University

Find Schools Near

Computer & Information Sciences at Western Governors University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. We've also included details on how WGU ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in computer and information sciences.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Computer & Information Sciences Degrees Available at WGU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences

WGU Computer & Information Sciences Rankings

The computer and information sciences major at WGU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Computer & Information Sciences. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Online Computer & Information Sciences Schools 3
Most Popular Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 3
Best Computer & Information Sciences Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 19
Best Computer & Information Sciences Colleges for Veterans 31
Most Focused Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 157
Highest Paid Computer & Information Sciences Graduates 657

Popularity of Computer & Information Sciences at WGU

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Western Governors University handed out 1542 bachelor's degrees in computer and information sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #3 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 12% over the previous year when 1,375 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 569 students received their master’s degree in computer and information sciences from WGU. This makes it the #11 most popular school for computer and information sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

Computer & Information Sciences Student Diversity at WGU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the computer and information sciences majors at Western Governors University.

WGU Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor’s Program

During the 2017-2018 academic year, 1,542 computer and information sciences majors earned their bachelor's degree from WGU. Of these graduates, 92% were men and 8% were women.

WGU Gender Breakdown of Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at WGU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 74% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Western Governors University with a bachelor's in computer and information sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer & Information Sciences Majors at Western Governors University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 50
Black or African American 86
Hispanic or Latino 134
White 1,145
Non-Resident Aliens 3
Other Races 124

WGU Computer & Information Sciences Master’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 569 students earned a master's degree in computer and information sciences from WGU. About 12% of these graduates were women and the other 88% were men.

WGU Gender Breakdown of Computer & Information Sciences Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 63% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Western Governors University with a master's in computer and information sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer & Information Sciences Majors at Western Governors University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 56
Black or African American 56
Hispanic or Latino 50
White 360
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 45

Areas of Concentration for Computer & Information Sciences

Computer and Information Sciences students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Information Technology 1,173
Computer Information Systems 556
Computer Programming 328
Computer Software & Applications 54

References

Find Schools Near You