Educational Assessment at Western Governors Universityeducation program at Western Governors University.
Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. Also, learn how WGU ranks among other schools offering degrees in assessment.
Jump to any of the following sections:
Educational Assessment Degrees Available at WGU
- Bachelor’s Degree in Assessment
- Master’s Degree in Assessment
WGU Assessment Rankings
The assessment major at WGU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Educational Assessment. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.
|Most Popular Online Educational Assessment Schools||1|
|Most Focused Colleges for Educational Assessment||1|
|Most Popular Colleges for Educational Assessment||1|
Popularity of Assessment at WGU
During the 2017-2018 academic year, Western Governors University handed out 253 bachelor's degrees in educational assessment. Due to this, the school was ranked #1 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 24% over the previous year when 204 degrees were handed out.
In 2018, 15 students received their master’s degree in assessment from WGU. This makes it the #9 most popular school for assessment master’s degree candidates in the country.
WGU Assessment Students
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the assessment majors at Western Governors University.
WGU Educational Assessment Bachelor’s Program
In the 2017-2018 academic year, 253 students earned a bachelor's degree in assessment from WGU. About 88% of these graduates were women and the other 12% were men.
The majority of the students with this major are white. About 75% of 2018 graduates were in this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Western Governors University with a bachelor's in assessment.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||22|
|Hispanic or Latino||21|
WGU Educational Assessment Master’s Program
In the 2017-2018 academic year, 15 students earned a master's degree in assessment from WGU. About 67% of these graduates were women and the other 33% were men.
The majority of the students with this major are white. About 80% of 2018 graduates were in this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Western Governors University with a master's in assessment.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||1|
|Hispanic or Latino||0|
Areas of Concentration for Assessment
Educational Assessment students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.
Most Popular Majors Related to Assessment
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Teacher Education Grade Specific||1,409|
|Teacher Education Subject Specific||1,185|
|Curriculum & Instruction||901|
|Instructional Media Design||639|
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Purdue University Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Grand Canyon University (GCU) With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Northcentral University Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Colorado Technical University (CTU) CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. Learn More >|