All About Academics
What's the point of going to college without academics? Find out more about the faculty and staff, what majors and fields of study are offered at this college, and information on online classes if offered. Here are some of the things you'll learn in this section.
- The student to faculty (instructor) ratio.
- The Majors offered at this college.
- What online and distance learning options are available.
The total number of instructional staff teaching the 8,838 undergraduate students at William Paterson University of New Jersey is 1,044. When this is adjusted to account for those with part-time status, the result is the "full-time equivalent" (FTE) count. Using the FTE count for students and staff results in a "student to instructor" ratio of 14 to 1 which makes William Paterson University of New Jersey better than the typical college regarding instructional attention.
|For every instructor (FTE) at William Paterson University of New Jersey, there are 14 undergraduate students (FTE). This ratio is better than the typical college concerning instructional attention.|
|A slim percentage of the instructors (39.0%) are full-time.|
|422 instructors are "faculty" rather than "lecturers".
Most Popular Majors
William Paterson University of New Jersey offers 49 distinct undergraduate degrees, concentrated into 40 majors within 21 broad fields of study. Across all fields of study, William Paterson University of New Jersey awarded 2,108 undergraduate degrees in 2017 - 2018.
|Most Popular Majors||Associates Graduations||Bachelors Graduations||All Graduations|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||213||213|
|Criminal Justice & Corrections||0||150||150|
|Management Sciences & Quantitative Methods||0||122||122|
|Teacher Education Grade Specific||0||109||109|
Additional Questions to Ask
- Are you looking for a lot of flexibility? Does this college offer online or summer classes that might help you finish your degree?
- Interested in graduate school? How many students from this college go on to achieve additional degrees?
- Will a degree from this school land you a job? How many graduates were employed full time a year after graduating?