2021 Best Colleges for Animal Science in Wisconsin
Animal Science is a popular major and Wisconsin is the 3rd most popular state for students studying this major. 314 of the 7,614 Animal Science degrees earned last year were given by schools in Wisconsin. With so many options it can be a daunting task finding the best fit for you. This year's Best Colleges for Animal Science in Wisconsin ranking analyzed 3 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in animal science. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 colleges for Animal Science students in Wisconsin.
Choosing a Great Animal Science School
Your choice of animal science school matters. Important measures of a quality animal science program can vary widely even among the top schools. To make it into this list a school must excel in the following areas.
Overall Quality is a Must
A school that excels in educating for a particular major must be a great school overall as well. To make it into this list a school must rank well in our overall Best Colleges ranking. This ranking considered factors such as graduation rates, overall graduate earnings and other educational resources to identify great colleges and universities.
Better Early and Mid Career Salaries
Animal Science graduates from schools on this list tend to earn more after college than those from other schools. Recent animal science graduates from Wisconsin colleges with a bachelors degree earned an average of $34,767 in 2017-2018.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on Animal Science students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other animal science students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized animal science related accrediting body.
Our full ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best colleges for Animal Science students in Wisconsin.
Best Schools to Study Animal Science in Wisconsin
Best Animal Science Colleges in Wisconsin
Every student pursuing a degree in animal science needs to look into University of Wisconsin - Madison. Located in the city Madison, Wisconsin is a public school with a very large student population.
Graduates of the animal science program make around $36,500 in their early career salary.More… Request Information
It's difficult to beat University of Wisconsin - River Falls if you wish to pursue animal science as a major. UW - River Falls is a medium-sized public school located in the distant town of River Falls.
Grads of the animal science program report average early career income of $34,000.More… Request Information
It's difficult to beat University of Wisconsin - Platteville if you wish to pursue animal science as a major. Located in the distant town Platteville, UW - Platteville is a public college with a medium-sized student population.
Students who complete this program report average early career wages of $33,800.More… Request Information
Best Animal Science Colleges in the Great Lakes Region
Explore all the Best Animal Science Colleges in the Great Lakes Area or other specific states within that region.
Animal Science Related Rankings by Major
Animal Science is one of 13 different types of Agriculture & Agriculture Operations programs to choose from.
Most Popular Majors Related to Animal Science
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Agricultural Economics & Business||386|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Billy Hathorn. More about our data sources and methodologies.