2021 Best Colleges for Animal Science in Connecticut
Animal Science is a popular major and Connecticut is the 31st most popular state for students studying this major. 97 of the 7,614 Animal Science diplomas earned last year were given by schools in Connecticut. With so many options it can be a daunting task finding the right fit. This year's Best Colleges for Animal Science in Connecticut ranking analyzed 1 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in animal science. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 schools for Animal Science students in Connecticut.
Choosing a Great Animal Science School
The animal science program you select can have a big impact on your future. This section explores some of the factors we include in our ranking and how much they vary depending on the school you select. To make it into this list a school must excel in the following areas.
Overall Quality is a Must
The overall quality of a school is important to ensure a quality education, not just how well they do in a particular major. To take this into account we consider a college's overall Best Colleges ranking which itself looks at a combination of various factors like degree completion, educational resources, student body caliber and post-graduation earnings for the school as a whole.
Better Early and Mid Career Salaries
A animal science degree from schools on this list typically results in higher than average salaries after graduation. Recent animal science graduates from Connecticut schools with a bachelors degree earned an average of $22,900 in 2017-2018.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on Animal Science students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other animal science students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized animal science related accrediting body.
Our full ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best schools for Animal Science students in Connecticut.
Best Schools to Study Animal Science in Connecticut
Best Animal Science Colleges in Connecticut
It's hard to beat University of Connecticut if you want to pursue animal science as a major. Located in the suburb Storrs, UCONN is a public school with a very large student population.
After graduating, animal science students typically earn around $22,900 in the first five years of their career.More… Request Information
Best Animal Science Colleges in the New England Region
Explore all the Best Animal Science Colleges in the New England Area or other specific states within that region.
Rankings in Majors Related to Animal Science
One of 13 majors within the Agriculture & Agriculture Operations area of study, Animal Science has other similar majors worth exploring.
Most Popular Majors Related to Animal Science
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Agricultural Economics & Business||59|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Billy Hathorn. More about our data sources and methodologies.