2021 Best Colleges for Animal Science in Colorado
Animal Science is a popular major and Colorado is the 26th most popular state for students studying this major. 106 of the 7,614 Animal Science degrees awarded last year were given by schools in Colorado. With so many choices it can be a challenge finding the right fit. This year's Best Colleges for Animal Science in Colorado ranking analyzed 1 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in animal science. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 schools for Animal Science students in Colorado.
Choosing a Great Animal Science School
Your choice of animal science school matters. Important measures of a quality animal science program can vary widely even among the top schools. To make it into this list a school must excel in the following areas.
Overall Quality is a Must
A school that excels in educating for a particular major must be a great school overall as well. To make it into this list a school must rank well in our overall Best Colleges ranking. This ranking considered factors such as graduation rates, overall graduate earnings and other educational resources to identify great colleges and universities.
Better Early and Mid Career Salaries
Animal Science graduates from colleges on this list tend to earn more after college than those from other schools. A animal science bachelors degree from a school in Colorado helped students who graduated in 2015-2017 earn $32,200 a couple years later.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on Animal Science students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other animal science students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized animal science related accrediting body.
Our full ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best schools for Animal Science students in Colorado.
Best Schools to Study Animal Science in Colorado
Best Animal Science Colleges in Colorado
Any student pursuing a degree in animal science needs to check out Colorado State University - Fort Collins. Located in the medium-sized city Fort Collins, Colorado State is a public college with a fairly large student population.
Graduates of the animal science program make around $32,200 for their early career.More… Request Information
Best Animal Science Colleges in the Rocky Mountains Region
Explore all the Best Animal Science Colleges in the Rocky Mountains Area or other specific states within that region.
Animal Science Related Rankings by Major
Animal Science is one of 13 different types of Agriculture & Agriculture Operations programs to choose from.
Most Popular Majors Related to Animal Science
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Agricultural Economics & Business||184|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Billy Hathorn. More about our data sources and methodologies.