2021 Best Colleges for Animal Science in Montana
Animal Science is a popular major and Montana is the 43rd most popular state for students studying this major. 52 of the 7,614 Animal Science diplomas awarded last year were given by schools in Montana. With so many choices it can be a daunting task finding the right fit. This year's Best Colleges for Animal Science in Montana ranking analyzed 1 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in animal science. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 colleges for Animal Science students in Montana.
Choosing a Great Animal Science School
The animal science program you select can have a big impact on your future. This section explores some of the factors we include in our ranking and how much they vary depending on the school you select. To make it into this list a school must excel in the following areas.
Overall Quality is a Must
The overall quality of a school is important to ensure a quality education, not just how well they do in a particular major. To account for this we consider a college's overall Best Colleges ranking which itself looks at a host of various factors like degree completion, educational resources, student body caliber and post-graduation earnings for the school as a whole.
Better Early and Mid Career Salaries
A animal science degree from colleges on this list usually results in above average wages following graduation. Recent animal science graduates from Montana schools with a bachelors degree earned an average of $25,400 in 2017-2018.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on Animal Science students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other animal science students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized animal science related accrediting body.
Our full ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best colleges for Animal Science students in Montana.
Best Schools to Study Animal Science in Montana
Best Animal Science Colleges in Montana
Every student who is interested in animal science has to look into Montana State University. Located in the remote town Bozeman, MSU Bozeman is a public college with a fairly large student population.
Students who graduate from the animal science program make about $25,400 in the first couple years of working.More… Request Information
Best Animal Science Colleges in the Rocky Mountains Region
Explore all the Best Animal Science Colleges in the Rocky Mountains Area or other specific states within that region.
Rankings in Majors Related to Animal Science
One of 13 majors within the Agriculture & Agriculture Operations area of study, Animal Science has other similar majors worth exploring.
Most Popular Majors Related to Animal Science
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Agricultural Economics & Business||51|
|Food Science Technology||5|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Billy Hathorn. More about our data sources and methodologies.