2021 Best Colleges for Animal Science in Wyoming
Animal Science is a popular major and Wyoming is the 32nd most popular state for students studying this major. 92 of the 7,614 Animal Science diplomas awarded last year were given by schools in Wyoming. With so many options it can be a challenge finding the best choice. This year's Best Colleges for Animal Science in Wyoming ranking analyzed 1 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in animal science. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 schools for Animal Science students in Wyoming.
Choosing a Great Animal Science School
The animal science program you select can have a big impact on your future. This section explores some of the factors we include in our ranking and how much they vary depending on the school you select. Below we explain some of the most important factors to consider before making your choice:
Quality Overall is Important
The overall quality of a school is important to ensure a quality education, not just how well they do in a particular major. To account for this we include a college's overall Best Colleges ranking which itself looks at a combination of various factors like degree completion, educational resources, student body caliber and post-graduation earnings for the school as a whole.
Graduates Earn More After College
A animal science degree from schools on this list typically results in above average income after graduation. Recent animal science graduates from Wyoming colleges with a bachelors degree earned an average of $27,800 in 2017-2018.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on Animal Science students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other animal science students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized animal science related accrediting body.
Our complete ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best schools for Animal Science students in Wyoming.
Best Schools to Study Animal Science in Wyoming
Best Animal Science Colleges in Wyoming
University of Wyoming is one of the best schools in the United States for animal science. Located in the town Laramie, U of Wyoming is a public college with a fairly large student population.
Graduates of the animal science program earn around $27,800 in the first couple years of working.More… Request Information
Best Animal Science Colleges in the Rocky Mountains Region
Explore all the Best Animal Science Schools in the Rocky Mountains Area or other specific states within that region.
Rankings in Majors Related to Animal Science
One of 13 majors within the Agriculture & Agriculture Operations area of study, Animal Science has other similar majors worth exploring.
Majors Similar to Animal Science
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Agricultural Economics & Business||120|
|Agricultural Public Services||23|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Billy Hathorn. More about our data sources and methodologies.