2021 Best Colleges for Animal Science in Arkansas
Animal Science is a popular major and Arkansas is the 23rd most popular state for students studying this major. 121 of the 7,614 Animal Science diplomas earned last year were given by schools in Arkansas. With so many options it can be difficult finding the best fit for you. This year's Best Colleges for Animal Science in Arkansas ranking analyzed 1 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in animal science. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 schools for Animal Science students in Arkansas.
Choosing a Great Animal Science School
Your choice of animal science school matters. Important measures of a quality animal science program can vary widely even among the top schools. To make it into this list a school must excel in the following areas.
Overall Quality is a Must
A school that excels in educating for a particular major must be a great school overall as well. To make it into this list a school must rank well in our overall Best Colleges ranking. This ranking considered factors such as graduation rates, overall graduate earnings and other educational resources to identify great colleges and universities.
Better Early and Mid Career Salaries
Animal Science graduates from schools on this list tend to earn more after college than those from other schools. Recent animal science graduates from Arkansas schools with a bachelors degree earned an average of $31,700 in 2017-2018.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on Animal Science students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other animal science students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized animal science related accrediting body.
Our complete ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best schools for Animal Science students in Arkansas.
Best Schools to Study Animal Science in Arkansas
Best Animal Science Colleges in Arkansas
It is difficult to beat University of Arkansas if you want to study animal science. UARK is a very large public school located in the small city of Fayetteville.
Graduates of the animal science program make around $31,700 for their early career.More… Request Information
Best Animal Science Colleges in the Southeast Region
Explore all the Best Animal Science Schools in the Southeast Area or other specific states within that region.
Animal Science Related Rankings by Major
Animal Science is one of 13 different types of Agriculture & Agriculture Operations programs to choose from.
Most Popular Majors Related to Animal Science
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Agricultural Economics & Business||366|
|Food Science Technology||32|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Billy Hathorn. More about our data sources and methodologies.