2021 Best Colleges for Animal Science in Tennessee
Animal Science is a popular major and Tennessee is the 14th most popular state for students studying this major. 182 of the 7,614 Animal Science diplomas awarded last year were given by schools in Tennessee. With so many choices it can be a daunting task finding the best choice. This year's Best Colleges for Animal Science in Tennessee ranking analyzed 2 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in animal science. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 colleges for Animal Science students in Tennessee.
Choosing a Great Animal Science School
Your choice of animal science school matters. Important measures of a quality animal science program can vary widely even among the top schools. Below we explain some of the most important factors to consider before making your choice:
Quality Overall is Important
A school that excels in educating for a particular major must be a great school overall as well. To make it into this list a school must rank well in our overall Best Colleges ranking. This ranking considered factors such as graduation rates, overall graduate earnings and other educational resources to identify great colleges and universities.
Graduates Earn More After College
Animal Science graduates from colleges on this list tend to earn more after college than those from other schools. A animal science bachelors degree from a school in Tennessee helped students who graduated in 2015-2017 make $24,800 a couple years later.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on Animal Science students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other animal science students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized animal science related accrediting body.
Our full ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best schools for Animal Science students in Tennessee.
Best Schools to Study Animal Science in Tennessee
Best Animal Science Colleges in Tennessee
It is hard to beat The University of Tennessee - Knoxville if you want to pursue animal science as a major. Located in the midsize city Knoxville, UT Knoxville is a public school with a very large student population.
Grads of the animal science program report average early career earnings of $25,200.More… Request Information
Middle Tennessee State University is a good decision for individuals pursuing a Animal Science major. Located in the medium-sized city Murfreesboro, Middle Tennessee State University is a public college with a very large student population.
Grads of the animal science program state that they receive average early career wages of $24,400.More… Request Information
Best Animal Science Colleges in the Southeast Region
Explore all the Best Animal Science Schools in the Southeast Area or other specific states within that region.
Animal Science Related Rankings by Major
Animal Science is one of 13 different types of Agriculture & Agriculture Operations programs to choose from.
Majors Similar to Animal Science
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Agricultural Economics & Business||95|
|Food Science Technology||59|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Billy Hathorn. More about our data sources and methodologies.