2021 Best Colleges for Animal Science in Oklahoma
Animal Science is a popular major and Oklahoma is the 5th most popular state for students studying this major. 262 of the 7,614 Animal Science degrees earned last year were given by colleges in Oklahoma. With so many choices it can be a challenge finding the right fit. This year's Best Colleges for Animal Science in Oklahoma ranking analyzed 1 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in animal science. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 schools for Animal Science students in Oklahoma.
Choosing a Great Animal Science School
Your choice of animal science school matters. Important measures of a quality animal science program can vary widely even among the top schools. When choosing a school we recommend considering some of the following factors:
A Great Overall School
A school that excels in educating for a particular major must be a great school overall as well. To make it into this list a school must rank well in our overall Best Colleges ranking. This ranking considered factors such as graduation rates, overall graduate earnings and other educational resources to identify great colleges and universities.
Above Average Earnings After Graduation
Animal Science graduates from colleges on this list tend to earn more after college than those from other schools. Recent animal science graduates from Oklahoma colleges with a bachelors degree earned an average of $29,500 in 2017-2018.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on Animal Science students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other animal science students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized animal science related accrediting body.
Our full ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best colleges for Animal Science students in Oklahoma.
Best Schools to Study Animal Science in Oklahoma
Best Animal Science Colleges in Oklahoma
It's difficult to beat Oklahoma State University - Main Campus if you wish to pursue animal science as a major. Oklahoma State is a very large public school located in the town of Stillwater.
Students who graduate from this program report average early career wages of $29,500.More… Request Information
Best Animal Science Colleges in the Southwest Region
Explore all the Best Animal Science Colleges in the Southwest Area or other specific states within that region.
Animal Science Related Rankings by Major
Animal Science is one of 13 different types of Agriculture & Agriculture Operations programs to choose from.
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Agricultural Economics & Business||216|
|Agricultural Public Services||75|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Billy Hathorn. More about our data sources and methodologies.