2021 Best Colleges for Animal Science in Minnesota
Animal Science is a popular major and Minnesota is the 18th most popular state for students studying this major. 145 of the 7,614 Animal Science degrees awarded last year were given by schools in Minnesota. With so many options it can be a challenge finding the best choice. This year's Best Colleges for Animal Science in Minnesota ranking analyzed 2 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in animal science. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 colleges for Animal Science students in Minnesota.
Choosing a Great Animal Science School
Your choice of animal science school matters. Important measures of a quality animal science program can vary widely even among the top schools. When choosing a school we recommend considering some of the following factors:
A Great Overall School
A school that excels in educating for a particular major must be a great school overall as well. To make it into this list a school must rank well in our overall Best Colleges ranking. This ranking considered factors such as graduation rates, overall graduate earnings and other educational resources to identify great colleges and universities.
Above Average Earnings After Graduation
Animal Science graduates from colleges on this list tend to earn more after college than those from other schools. A animal science bachelors degree from a college in Minnesota helped students who graduated in 2015-2017 make $32,950 a couple years later.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on Animal Science students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other animal science students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized animal science related accrediting body.
Our complete ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best schools for Animal Science students in Minnesota.
Best Schools to Study Animal Science in Minnesota
Best Animal Science Colleges in Minnesota
Every student who is interested in animal science has to look into University of Minnesota - Twin Cities. UMN Twin Cities is a fairly large public school located in the city of Minneapolis.
Graduates of the animal science program earn around $35,000 for their early career.More… Request Information
It is difficult to beat University of Minnesota - Crookston if you want to study animal science. UMN Crookston is a small public school located in the town of Crookston.
Graduates of the animal science program state that they receive average early career earnings of $30,900.More… Request Information
Best Animal Science Colleges in the The Plains States Region
Explore all the Best Animal Science Schools in the The Plains States Area or other specific states within that region.
Animal Science Related Rankings by Major
Animal Science is one of 13 different types of Agriculture & Agriculture Operations programs to choose from.
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Agricultural Economics & Business||331|
|Food Science Technology||57|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Billy Hathorn. More about our data sources and methodologies.