2021 Best Colleges for Animal Science in Nebraska
Animal Science is a popular major and Nebraska is the 19th most popular state for students studying this major. 144 of the 7,614 Animal Science diplomas earned last year were given by colleges in Nebraska. With so many choices it can be a daunting task finding the best choice. This year's Best Colleges for Animal Science in Nebraska ranking analyzed 1 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in animal science. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 schools for Animal Science students in Nebraska.
Choosing a Great Animal Science School
The animal science program you select can have a big impact on your future. This section explores some of the factors we include in our ranking and how much they vary depending on the school you select. To make it into this list a school must excel in the following areas.
Overall Quality is a Must
The overall quality of a school is important to ensure a good education, not just how well they do in a particular major. To take this into account we include a school's overall Best Colleges ranking which itself looks at a collection of different factors like degree completion, educational resources, student body caliber and post-graduation earnings for the school as a whole.
Better Early and Mid Career Salaries
A animal science degree from schools on this list typically translates into higher than average earnings after graduation. Recent animal science graduates from Nebraska schools with a bachelors degree earned an average of $34,600 in 2017-2018.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on Animal Science students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other animal science students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized animal science related accrediting body.
Our full ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best colleges for Animal Science students in Nebraska.
Best Schools to Study Animal Science in Nebraska
Best Animal Science Colleges in Nebraska
It's difficult to beat University of Nebraska - Lincoln if you want to pursue animal science as a major. Located in the large city Lincoln, UNL is a public school with a very large student population.
Students who complete this program report average early career income of $34,600.More… Request Information
Best Animal Science Colleges in the The Plains States Region
Explore all the Best Animal Science Colleges in the The Plains States Area or other specific states within that region.
Rankings in Majors Related to Animal Science
One of 13 majors within the Agriculture & Agriculture Operations area of study, Animal Science has other similar majors worth exploring.
Most Popular Majors Related to Animal Science
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Agricultural Economics & Business||422|
|Food Science Technology||82|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Billy Hathorn. More about our data sources and methodologies.