2021 Best Colleges for General Architecture in Oregon
General Architecture is a popular major and Oregon is the 9th most popular state for students studying this major. 206 of the 6,093 General Architecture degrees earned last year were given by colleges in Oregon. With so many choices it can be difficult finding the best fit for you. This year's Best Colleges for General Architecture in Oregon ranking analyzed 2 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in general architecture. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 colleges for General Architecture students in Oregon.
Choosing a Great General Architecture School
Your choice of general architecture school matters. Important measures of a quality architecture program can vary widely even among the top schools. To make it into this list a school must excel in the following areas.
Overall Quality is a Must
The overall quality of a school is important to ensure a good education, not just how well they do in a particular major. To take this into account we consider a college's overall Best Colleges ranking which itself looks at a collection of different factors like degree completion, educational resources, student body caliber and post-graduation earnings for the school as a whole.
Better Early and Mid Career Salaries
A general architecture degree from colleges on this list typically results in above average earnings after graduation. Recent general architecture graduates from Oregon colleges with a bachelors degree earned an average of $42,150 in 2017-2018.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on General Architecture students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other general architecture students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized general architecture related accrediting body.
Our complete ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best colleges for General Architecture students in Oregon.
Best Schools to Study General Architecture in Oregon
Best Architecture Colleges in Oregon
University of Oregon is a great choice for individuals interested in a General Architecture major. Located in the medium-sized city Eugene, UO is a public college with a very large student population.
Students who graduate from this program report average early career wages of $47,800.More… Request Information
It is hard to beat Portland State University if you want to pursue general architecture as a major. Located in the large city Portland, Portland State University is a public school with a fairly large student population.
Graduates of the architecture program state that they receive average early career income of $36,500.More… Request Information
Best General Architecture Colleges in the Far Western US Region
Explore all the Best General Architecture Schools in the Far Western US Area or other specific states within that region.
More General Architecture Rankings in Oregon
Rankings in Majors Related to Architecture
General Architecture is one of 8 different types of Architecture & Related Services programs to choose from.
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Urban & Regional Planning||46|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Danichou. More about our data sources and methodologies.