2021 Best Colleges for General Architecture in District of Columbia
General Architecture is a popular major and District of Columbia is the 18th most popular state for students studying this major. 102 of the 6,093 General Architecture diplomas earned last year were given by colleges in District of Columbia. With so many choices it can be a daunting task finding the best choice. This year's Best Colleges for General Architecture in District of Columbia ranking analyzed 1 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in general architecture. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 schools for General Architecture students in District of Columbia.
Choosing a Great General Architecture School
Your choice of general architecture school matters. Important measures of a quality architecture program can vary widely even among the top schools. Below we explain some of the most important factors to consider before making your choice:
Quality Overall is Important
The overall quality of a school is important to ensure a good education, not just how well they do in a particular major. To account for this we consider a college's overall Best Colleges ranking which itself looks at a host of different factors like degree completion, educational resources, student body caliber and post-graduation earnings for the school as a whole.
Graduates Earn More After College
A general architecture degree from colleges on this list usually translates into higher than average wages following graduation. Recent general architecture graduates from District of Columbia colleges with a bachelors degree earned an average of $40,600 in 2017-2018.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on General Architecture students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other general architecture students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized general architecture related accrediting body.
Our full ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best colleges for General Architecture students in District of Columbia.
Best Schools to Study General Architecture in District of Columbia
Best Architecture Colleges in District of Columbia
It's hard to beat Catholic University of America if you wish to pursue general architecture as a major. CUA is a moderately-sized private not-for-profit school located in the city of Washington.
After graduation, architecture students typically make an average of $40,600 at the beginning of their careers.More… Request Information
Best General Architecture Colleges in the Middle Atlantic Region
Explore all the Best General Architecture Colleges in the Middle Atlantic Area or other specific states within that region.
More General Architecture Rankings in District of Columbia
Rankings in Majors Related to Architecture
General Architecture is one of 8 different types of Architecture & Related Services programs to choose from.
Most Popular Majors Related to Architecture
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Urban & Regional Planning||35|
|Real Estate Development||3|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Danichou. More about our data sources and methodologies.