2021 Best Colleges for General Architecture in Maryland
General Architecture is a popular major and Maryland is the 12th most popular state for students studying this major. 147 of the 6,093 General Architecture degrees earned last year were given by schools in Maryland. With so many choices it can be a challenge finding the best choice. This year's Best Colleges for General Architecture in Maryland ranking analyzed 2 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in general architecture. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 schools for General Architecture students in Maryland.
Choosing a Great General Architecture School
The architecture program you select can have a big impact on your future. This section explores some of the factors we include in our ranking and how much they vary depending on the school you select. When choosing a school we recommend considering some of the following factors:
A Great Overall School
A school that excels in educating for a particular major must be a great school overall as well. To make it into this list a school must rank well in our overall Best Colleges ranking. This ranking considered factors such as graduation rates, overall graduate earnings and other educational resources to identify great colleges and universities.
Above Average Earnings After Graduation
General Architecture graduates from colleges on this list tend to earn more after college than those from other schools. Recent general architecture graduates from Maryland schools with a bachelors degree earned an average of $38,700 in 2017-2018.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on General Architecture students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other general architecture students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized general architecture related accrediting body.
Our full ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best schools for General Architecture students in Maryland.
Best Schools to Study General Architecture in Maryland
Best Architecture Colleges in Maryland
It is difficult to beat University of Maryland - College Park if you want to pursue general architecture as a major. UMCP is a fairly large public school located in the suburb of College Park.
Students who complete this degree report average early career income of $44,100.More… Request Information
It is hard to beat Morgan State University if you want to study general architecture. Located in the city Baltimore, Morgan State is a public school with a moderately-sized student population.
Graduates of the architecture program make about $33,300 in the first couple years of working.More… Request Information
Best General Architecture Colleges in the Middle Atlantic Region
Explore all the Best General Architecture Colleges in the Middle Atlantic Area or other specific states within that region.
|District of Columbia||183||102|
More General Architecture Rankings in Maryland
General Architecture Related Rankings by Major
One of 8 majors within the Architecture & Related Services area of study, General Architecture has other similar majors worth exploring.
Majors Similar to Architecture
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Urban & Regional Planning||8|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Danichou. More about our data sources and methodologies.