2021 Best Colleges for General Architecture in Pennsylvania
General Architecture is a popular major and Pennsylvania is the 11th most popular state for students studying this major. 156 of the 6,093 General Architecture diplomas earned last year were given by colleges in Pennsylvania. With so many options it can be difficult finding the right fit. This year's Best Colleges for General Architecture in Pennsylvania ranking analyzed 2 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in general architecture. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 colleges for General Architecture students in Pennsylvania.
Choosing a Great General Architecture School
Your choice of general architecture school matters. Important measures of a quality architecture program can vary widely even among the top schools. When choosing a school we recommend considering some of the following factors:
A Great Overall School
The overall quality of a school is important to ensure a good education, not just how well they do in a particular major. To take this into account we include a school's overall Best Colleges ranking which itself looks at a combination of different factors like degree completion, educational resources, student body caliber and post-graduation earnings for the school as a whole.
Above Average Earnings After Graduation
A general architecture degree from schools on this list usually results in above average earnings following graduation. Recent general architecture graduates from Pennsylvania schools with a bachelors degree earned an average of $46,680 in 2017-2018.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on General Architecture students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other general architecture students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized general architecture related accrediting body.
Our complete ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best schools for General Architecture students in Pennsylvania.
Best Schools to Study General Architecture in Pennsylvania
Best Architecture Colleges in Pennsylvania
Drexel University is a great decision for individuals interested in a General Architecture major. Drexel is a fairly large private not-for-profit school located in the city of Philadelphia.
After getting their bachelor's degree, architecture students typically make an average of $51,400 in their early careers.More… Request Information
Every student who is interested in general architecture needs to check out Marywood University. Marywood is a small private not-for-profit school located in the small city of Scranton.
Graduates of the architecture program make an average of $42,600 for their early career.More… Request Information
Best General Architecture Colleges in the Middle Atlantic Region
Explore all the Best General Architecture Colleges in the Middle Atlantic Area or other specific states within that region.
|District of Columbia||183||102|
More General Architecture Rankings in Pennsylvania
Rankings in Majors Related to Architecture
General Architecture is one of 8 different types of Architecture & Related Services programs to choose from.
Majors Similar to Architecture
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Architectural Sciences & Technology||426|
|Urban & Regional Planning||74|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Danichou. More about our data sources and methodologies.