2021 Best Colleges for General Architecture in Florida
General Architecture is a popular major and Florida is the 3rd most popular state for students studying this major. 418 of the 6,093 General Architecture diplomas awarded last year were given by colleges in Florida. With so many choices it can be difficult finding the right fit. This year's Best Colleges for General Architecture in Florida ranking analyzed 2 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in general architecture. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 schools for General Architecture students in Florida.
Choosing a Great General Architecture School
Your choice of general architecture school matters. Important measures of a quality architecture program can vary widely even among the top schools. When choosing a school we recommend considering some of the following factors:
A Great Overall School
The overall quality of a school is important to ensure a quality education, not just how well they do in a particular major. To account for this we include a school's overall Best Colleges ranking which itself looks at a host of various factors like degree completion, educational resources, student body caliber and post-graduation earnings for the school as a whole.
Above Average Earnings After Graduation
A general architecture degree from schools on this list typically results in higher than average earnings following graduation. A general architecture bachelors degree from a college in Florida helped students who graduated in 2015-2017 make $41,933 a couple years later.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on General Architecture students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other general architecture students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized general architecture related accrediting body.
Our full ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best colleges for General Architecture students in Florida.
Best Schools to Study General Architecture in Florida
Best Architecture Colleges in Florida
It is difficult to beat University of Florida if you want to pursue general architecture as a major. Located in the medium-sized city Gainesville, U of F is a public school with a fairly large student population.
After graduation, architecture students generally earn an average of $38,300 in their early careers.More… Request Information
Every student pursuing a degree in general architecture needs to look into Florida Atlantic University. FAU is a fairly large public school located in the city of Boca Raton.
Soon after graduation, architecture students generally earn about $40,800 in the first five years of their career.More… Request Information
Best General Architecture Colleges in the Southeast Region
Explore all the Best General Architecture Colleges in the Southeast Area or other specific states within that region.
More General Architecture Rankings in Florida
Rankings in Majors Related to Architecture
General Architecture is one of 8 different types of Architecture & Related Services programs to choose from.
Majors Similar to Architecture
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Urban & Regional Planning||173|
|Architectural Sciences & Technology||99|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Danichou. More about our data sources and methodologies.