2021 Best Colleges for General Architecture in Virginia
General Architecture is a popular major and Virginia is the 7th most popular state for students studying this major. 272 of the 6,093 General Architecture diplomas earned last year were given by colleges in Virginia. With so many choices it can be difficult finding the right fit. This year's Best Colleges for General Architecture in Virginia ranking analyzed 2 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in general architecture. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 colleges for General Architecture students in Virginia.
Choosing a Great General Architecture School
Your choice of general architecture school matters. Important measures of a quality architecture program can vary widely even among the top schools. When choosing a school we recommend considering some of the following factors:
A Great Overall School
The overall quality of a school is important to ensure a good education, not just how well they do in a particular major. To take this into account we include a college's overall Best Colleges ranking which itself looks at a host of different factors like degree completion, educational resources, student body caliber and post-graduation earnings for the school as a whole.
Above Average Earnings After Graduation
A general architecture degree from schools on this list typically results in above average earnings following graduation. A general architecture bachelors degree from a college in Virginia helped students who graduated in 2015-2017 earn $47,800 a couple years later.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on General Architecture students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other general architecture students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized general architecture related accrediting body.
Our complete ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best schools for General Architecture students in Virginia.
Best Schools to Study General Architecture in Virginia
Best Architecture Colleges in Virginia
Any student pursuing a degree in general architecture needs to check out Virginia Tech. Located in the small city Blacksburg, Virginia Tech is a public school with a fairly large student population.
Graduates of the architecture program make about $50,000 in their early career salary.More… Request Information
University of Virginia - Main Campus is a wonderful decision for students pursuing a General Architecture major. University of Virginia is a fairly large public school located in the small suburb of Charlottesville.
Graduates of the architecture program report average early career income of $45,600.More… Request Information
Best General Architecture Colleges in the Southeast Region
Explore all the Best General Architecture Schools in the Southeast Area or other specific states within that region.
More General Architecture Rankings in Virginia
Rankings in Majors Related to Architecture
General Architecture is one of 8 different types of Architecture & Related Services programs to choose from.
Majors Similar to Architecture
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Urban & Regional Planning||55|
|Architectural Sciences & Technology||13|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Danichou. More about our data sources and methodologies.