2021 Best Colleges for Statistics in the The Plains States Region
Approximately 8,658 statistics degrees were granted to students last year in the United States. With so many choices it can be difficult finding the best fit for you. This year's Best Colleges for Statistics in the The Plains States Region ranking analyzed 2 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in statistics. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 schools for Statistics students in the The Plains States Region.
Choosing a Great Statistics School
The stats program you select can have a big impact on your future. This section explores some of the factors we include in our ranking and how much they vary depending on the school you select. When choosing a school we recommend considering some of the following factors:
A Great Overall School
A school that excels in educating for a particular major must be a great school overall as well. To make it into this list a school must rank well in our overall Best Colleges ranking. This ranking considered factors such as graduation rates, overall graduate earnings and other educational resources to identify great colleges and universities.
Above Average Earnings After Graduation
Statistics graduates from colleges on this list tend to earn more after college than those from other schools. A statistics bachelors degree from a college in The Plains States helped students who graduated in 2015-2017 make $49,450 a couple years later.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on Statistics students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other statistics students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized statistics related accrediting body.
Our complete ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best schools for Statistics students in the The Plains States Region.
Best Schools to Study Statistics in The Plains States
Best Stats Colleges in the The Plains States Region
Any student pursuing a degree in statistics needs to take a look at University of Minnesota - Twin Cities. UMN Twin Cities is a very large public school located in the large city of Minneapolis.
After graduating, stats students usually earn about $48,300 at the beginning of their careers.More… Request Information
University of Minnesota - Duluth is among your best bets if you want to study statistics. UMN Duluth is a large public school located in the small city of Duluth.
Grads of the stats program state that they receive average early career wages of $50,600.More… Request Information
Best Statistics Colleges by State
Explore the best statistics schools for a specific state in this the The Plains States region.
Statistics Related Rankings by Major
One of 3 majors within the Mathematics & Statistics area of study, Statistics has other similar majors worth exploring.
Most Popular Majors Related to Stats
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to QWFP. More about our data sources and methodologies.