2021 Best Colleges for Anthropology in Arkansas
Anthropology is a popular major and Arkansas is the 36th most popular state for students studying this major. 72 of the 11,603 Anthropology diplomas awarded last year were given by schools in Arkansas. With so many options it can be a challenge finding the best fit for you. This year's Best Colleges for Anthropology in Arkansas ranking analyzed 1 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in anthropology. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 colleges for Anthropology students in Arkansas.
Choosing a Great Anthropology School
Your choice of anthropology school matters. This section explores some of the factors we include in our ranking and how much they vary depending on the school you select. To make it into this list a school must excel in the following areas.
Overall Quality is a Must
A school that excels in educating for a particular major must be a great school overall as well. To make it into this list a school must rank well in our overall Best Colleges ranking. This ranking considered factors such as graduation rates, overall graduate earnings and other educational resources to identify great colleges and universities.
Better Early and Mid Career Salaries
Anthropology graduates from colleges on this list tend to earn more after college than those from other schools. A anthropology bachelors degree from a school in Arkansas helped students who graduated in 2015-2017 earn $18,900 a couple years later.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on Anthropology students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other anthropology students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized anthropology related accrediting body.
Our complete ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best colleges for Anthropology students in Arkansas.
Best Schools to Study Anthropology in Arkansas
Best Anthropology Colleges in Arkansas
It's hard to beat University of Arkansas if you want to study anthropology. UARK is a very large public school located in the small city of Fayetteville.
Graduates of the anthropology program earn about $18,900 for their early career.More… Request Information
Best Anthropology Colleges in the Southeast Region
Explore all the Best Anthropology Colleges in the Southeast Area or other specific states within that region.
Anthropology Related Rankings by Major
Anthropology is one of 13 different types of Social Sciences programs to choose from.
Most Popular Majors Related to Anthropology
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Political Science & Government||272|
|International Relations & National Security||67|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Deror avi. More about our data sources and methodologies.