2021 Top Nebraska Men's D1 Basketball Schools
With all of the options student athletes have for higher education today, it can be tough to choose which direction to take. At College Factual, we're committed to helping you make that decision by providing information such as that found in our Best Colleges for Division I Men's Basketball in Nebraska ranking.
Our analysis looked at 2 schools in Nebraska to determine which ones were the best for D1 Men's Basketball athletes in Nebraska. To come up with this ranking, we look at a number of factors that are all objective measurements. These factors include the school's overall quality as determined by our Best Colleges ranking and the athletic competitiveness of the school. Thus, in order to rank well, the school must offer a quality education in addition to having a great sports team.
Customizing Your List
Since one ranking on its own is not enough to give you a complete understanding of your educational options, you can refine this list by location. We've also developed a number of other tools and rankings based on other factors. These other rankings highlight colleges that excel in other factors such as value or diversity as well as schools that excel in serving different groups of students such as online students or returnings adults.
One of our other unique offerings is College Combat. This tool lets you build your own customized comparisons utilizing the factors that are most important to you. Test it out by comparing your favorite schools against others you are considering, or bookmark the tool so you can experiment with it later.
Top Colleges in Nebraska for D1 Men's Basketball athletes in Nebraska
See which schools came out on top of our ranking:
Our 2021 rankings named Creighton University the best school for D1 Men’s Basketball athletes in Nebraska working on their bachelor’s degree. Creighton University is a medium-sized private not-for-profit school located in Omaha, Nebraska that handed out 1,243 bachelor’s degrees in 2018-2019.
On the financial side of things, the D1 Men’s Basketball team at Creighton made $8,590,055 in revenue. The team has a respectable academic progress rate of 966.
The school has an excellent freshman retention rate of 89%, which means students like the school well enough to return for a second year. Creighton also made our overall quality list, coming in at #1.Request Information
You’ll join some of the best athletes around if you attend University of Nebraska - Lincoln. The school came in at #2 in this year’s ranking. This large public school is located in Lincoln, Nebraska, and it awarded 4,859 bachelor’s degrees in 2018-2019.
The team at UNL took home $15,042,854 in revenue and paid out $9,180,631 in expenses in recent times. So, the team made money for the school, bringing in $5,862,223 in profit. The team has a respectable academic progress rate of 964.
UNL also made our overall quality list, coming in at #2.Request Information
Notes and References
*Avg Tuition and Fees and Avg 4-Year Grad Rate are for the top 2 schools only.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of our data about colleges.
- Revenue and expense information comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s Equity in Athletics Data Analysis (EADA) website.
- The academic progress rate (APR) of each team was made available by the NCAA.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Information about the national average student loan default rate is from the U.S. Department of Education and refers to data about the 2016 borrower cohort tracking period for which the cohort default rate (CDR) was 10.1%.
More about our data sources and methodologies.