2021 Top South Dakota Men's D1 Basketball Schools
When it comes to choosing a college, student athletes have a lot of options - but not all of them are good. One of our goals at College Factual is to give you as much information as we can - such as our Best Colleges for Division I Men's Basketball in South Dakota ranking - to help you make that decision.
After analyzing 2 schools in South Dakota, we came up with our list of those that offered the best educational experiences for D1 Men's Basketball athletes in South Dakota. Instead of depending on subjective information, we focus on objective factors to determine this ranking. These factors include such things as the athletic competitiveness of the school and the school's overall quality. This means that a school must provide students with a great education in addition to having a good sports team if it wants to rank well.
One Size Does Not Fit All
We know that one set of rankings doesn't always help you determine the best school for you, so we've created the ability to narrow your list by location as well as alternative rankings that prioritize different factors such as those of importance to online students or returning adults or those who value diversity and value for your money.
We've created a tool called College Combat that lets you create your own customized comparisons based on the factors that matter the most to you. We encourage you to try it out and pit your favorite colleges and universities head to head! If you don't have time right now, you can bookmark it for later.
Top Colleges in South Dakota for D1 Men's Basketball athletes in South Dakota
See which schools came out on top of our ranking:
University of South Dakota tops this year’s ranking as the best school for D1 Men’s Basketball athletes in South Dakota. USD is located in Vermillion, South Dakota and, has a medium-sized student population. In 2018-2019, this school awarded 1,352 bachelor’s degrees to qualified undergraduates.
Speaking financially, the D1 Men’s Basketball team at USD took home $1,469,868 in revenue. The academic progress rate of the team is 961.
In addition to its Best Colleges for Division I Men’s Basketball in South Dakota ranking, and one of the reasons why the school is on the list, USD is ranked #4 for overall quality in South Dakota.Request Information
The excellent sports programs at South Dakota State University helped the school earn the #2 place on this year’s ranking of the best schools for D1 Men’s Basketball athletes in South Dakota. Brookings, South Dakota is the setting for this fairly large institution of higher learning. The public school handed out bachelor’s degrees to 2,026 students in 2018-2019.
Speaking financially, the D1 Men’s Basketball team at South Dakota State took home $2,177,776 in revenue. The team has a respectable academic progress rate of 975.
South Dakota State also took the #3 spot in our overall quality rankings.Request Information
Notes and References
*Avg Tuition and Fees and Avg 4-Year Grad Rate are for the top 2 schools only.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of our data about colleges.
- Revenue and expense information comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s Equity in Athletics Data Analysis (EADA) website.
- The academic progress rate (APR) of each team was made available by the NCAA.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Information about the national average student loan default rate is from the U.S. Department of Education and refers to data about the 2016 borrower cohort tracking period for which the cohort default rate (CDR) was 10.1%.
More about our data sources and methodologies.