2021 Top Alabama Men's D3 Basketball Schools
When pursuing a degree in today's world, student athletes have many different options to choose from. One of our goals at College Factual is to give you as much information as we can - such as our Best Colleges for Division III Men's Basketball in Alabama ranking - to help you make that decision.
We analyzed 2 colleges and universities across Alabama to determine which were the best for D3 Men's Basketball athletes in Alabama. To come up with this ranking, we look at a number of factors that are all objective measurements. These factors include the school's overall quality as determined by our Best Colleges ranking and the athletic competitiveness of the school. Thus, in order to rank well, the school must offer a quality education in addition to having a great sports team.
Customizing Your List
Since one ranking on its own is not enough to give you a complete understanding of your educational options, you can refine this list by location. We've also developed a number of other tools and rankings based on other factors. These other rankings highlight colleges that excel in other factors such as value or diversity as well as schools that excel in serving different groups of students such as online students or returnings adults.
One of our other unique offerings is College Combat. This tool lets you build your own customized comparisons utilizing the factors that are most important to you. Test it out by comparing your favorite schools against others you are considering, or bookmark the tool so you can experiment with it later.
Top Colleges in Alabama for D3 Men's Basketball athletes in Alabama
See which schools came out on top of our ranking:
Our analysis found Birmingham Southern College to be the best school for D3 Men’s Basketball athletes in Alabama in this year’s ranking. Birmingham, Alabama is the setting for this small institution of higher learning. The private not-for-profit school handed out bachelor’s degrees to 354 students in 2018-2019.
On the financial side of things, the D3 Men’s Basketball team at BSC made $218,591 in revenue.
BSC also made our overall quality list, coming in at #5.Request Information
The excellent sports programs at Huntingdon College helped the school earn the #2 place on this year’s ranking of the best schools for D3 Men’s Basketball athletes in Alabama. Located in Montgomery, Alabama, the small private not-for-profit school handed out 265 bachelor’s degrees in 2018-2019.
Speaking financially, the D3 Men’s Basketball team at Huntingdon College took home $227,665 in revenue.Request Information
Notes and References
*Avg Tuition and Fees and Avg 4-Year Grad Rate are for the top 2 schools only.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of our data about colleges.
- Revenue and expense information comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s Equity in Athletics Data Analysis (EADA) website.
- The academic progress rate (APR) of each team was made available by the NCAA.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Information about the national average student loan default rate is from the U.S. Department of Education and refers to data about the 2016 borrower cohort tracking period for which the cohort default rate (CDR) was 10.1%.
More about our data sources and methodologies.