2021 Top Maryland Men's D1 Football Schools
With all of the options student athletes have for higher education today, it can be tough to choose which direction to take. Our mission at College Factual is to arm you with as much information as we can to help you make that decision. Our Best Colleges for Division I Men's Football in Maryland ranking is one tool we have developed to help in this regard.
Our analysis looked at 2 schools in Maryland to determine which ones were the best for D1 Men's Football athletes in Maryland. Instead of depending on subjective information, we focus on objective factors to determine this ranking. These factors include such things as the athletic competitiveness of the school and the school's overall quality. This means that a school must provide students with a great education in addition to having a good sports team if it wants to rank well.
Customizing Your List
Since one ranking on its own is not enough to give you a complete understanding of your educational options, you can refine this list by location. We've also developed a number of other tools and rankings based on other factors. These other rankings highlight colleges that excel in other factors such as value or diversity as well as schools that excel in serving different groups of students such as online students or returnings adults.
One of our other unique offerings is College Combat. This tool lets you build your own customized comparisons utilizing the factors that are most important to you. Test it out by comparing your favorite schools against others you are considering, or bookmark the tool so you can experiment with it later.
Top Colleges in Maryland for D1 Men's Football athletes in Maryland
See which schools came out on top of our ranking:
Our 2021 rankings named Towson University the best school for D1 Men’s Football athletes in Maryland working on their bachelor’s degree. Towson University is a large public school located in Towson, Maryland that handed out 4,786 bachelor’s degrees in 2018-2019.
The FCS Men’s Football team at Towson brought home $4,822,097 in revenue in a single year. The team has a respectable academic progress rate of 969.Request Information
Out of the 2 schools in Maryland that were part of this year’s ranking, Morgan State University landed the #2 spot on the list. Morgan State is a public institution located in Baltimore, Maryland. The school has a medium-sized population, and it awarded 1,091 bachelor’s degrees in 2018-2019.
On the financial side of things, the FCS Men’s Football team at Morgan State made $3,367,780 in revenue. The academic progress rate of the team is 940.Request Information
Notes and References
*Avg Tuition and Fees and Avg 4-Year Grad Rate are for the top 2 schools only.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of our data about colleges.
- Revenue and expense information comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s Equity in Athletics Data Analysis (EADA) website.
- The academic progress rate (APR) of each team was made available by the NCAA.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Information about the national average student loan default rate is from the U.S. Department of Education and refers to data about the 2016 borrower cohort tracking period for which the cohort default rate (CDR) was 10.1%.
More about our data sources and methodologies.