2021 Top Missouri Men's D1 Football Schools
It's not easy to decide which college to attend when there are so many options available for student athletes. College Factual was founded, in part, to help students make the decision as to what would be the best school for them. Our Best Colleges for Division I Men's Football in Missouri ranking is part of that endeavor.
We analyzed 2 colleges and universities across Missouri to determine which were the best for D1 Men's Football athletes in Missouri. Our ranking methodology focuses a number of different objective factors - such as the overall quality of the school, the school's athletic competitiveness, and the amount of athletic aid per student - to make this determination. Having a great sports team is not enough - the school must also focus on academic excellence.
One Size Does Not Fit All
We know that one set of rankings doesn't always help you determine the best school for you, so we've created the ability to narrow your list by location as well as alternative rankings that prioritize different factors such as those of importance to online students or returning adults or those who value diversity and value for your money.
We've created a tool called College Combat that lets you create your own customized comparisons based on the factors that matter the most to you. We encourage you to try it out and pit your favorite colleges and universities head to head! If you don't have time right now, you can bookmark it for later.
Top Colleges in Missouri for D1 Men's Football athletes in Missouri
See which schools came out on top of our ranking:
Our 2021 rankings named Missouri State University - Springfield the best school for D1 Men’s Football athletes in Missouri working on their bachelor’s degree. Missouri State is a public institution located in Springfield, Missouri. The school has a large population, and it awarded 3,756 bachelor’s degrees in 2018-2019.
Speaking financially, the FCS Men’s Football team at Missouri State took home $3,846,066 in revenue.Request Information
Out of the 2 schools in Missouri that were part of this year’s ranking, Southeast Missouri State University landed the #2 spot on the list. Located in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, the fairly large public school handed out 1,711 bachelor’s degrees in 2018-2019.
The FCS Men’s Football team at Southeast Missouri State University brought home $3,051,705 in revenue in a single year. The academic progress rate of the team is 959.Request Information
Notes and References
*Avg Tuition and Fees and Avg 4-Year Grad Rate are for the top 2 schools only.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of our data about colleges.
- Revenue and expense information comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s Equity in Athletics Data Analysis (EADA) website.
- The academic progress rate (APR) of each team was made available by the NCAA.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Information about the national average student loan default rate is from the U.S. Department of Education and refers to data about the 2016 borrower cohort tracking period for which the cohort default rate (CDR) was 10.1%.
More about our data sources and methodologies.