2021 Top North Dakota Men's D1 Football Schools
It's not easy to decide which college to attend when there are so many options available for student athletes. One of our goals at College Factual is to give you as much information as we can - such as our Best Colleges for Division I Men's Football in North Dakota ranking - to help you make that decision.
We analyzed 2 colleges and universities across North Dakota to determine which were the best for D1 Men's Football athletes in North Dakota. To come up with this ranking, we look at a number of factors that are all objective measurements. These factors include the school's overall quality as determined by our Best Colleges ranking and the athletic competitiveness of the school. Thus, in order to rank well, the school must offer a quality education in addition to having a great sports team.
Customizing Your List
Since one ranking on its own is not enough to give you a complete understanding of your educational options, you can refine this list by location. We've also developed a number of other tools and rankings based on other factors. These other rankings highlight colleges that excel in other factors such as value or diversity as well as schools that excel in serving different groups of students such as online students or returnings adults.
One of our other unique offerings is College Combat. This tool lets you build your own customized comparisons utilizing the factors that are most important to you. Test it out by comparing your favorite schools against others you are considering, or bookmark the tool so you can experiment with it later.
Top Colleges in North Dakota for D1 Men's Football athletes in North Dakota
See which schools came out on top of our ranking:
Our analysis found North Dakota State University - Main Campus to be the best school for D1 Men’s Football athletes in North Dakota in this year’s ranking. North Dakota State University - Main Campus is a fairly large public school located in Fargo, North Dakota that handed out 2,588 bachelor’s degrees in 2018-2019.
On the financial side of things, the FCS Men’s Football team at North Dakota State University made $6,048,728 in revenue. The team members aren’t slouches in the classroom either, since the team academic progress rate is an excellent 986.
North Dakota State University also took the #1 spot in our overall quality rankings.Request Information
The excellent sports programs at University of North Dakota helped the school earn the #2 place on this year’s ranking of the best schools for D1 Men’s Football athletes in North Dakota. Located in Grand Forks, North Dakota, the fairly large public school awarded 2,231 diplomas to qualified bachelor’s degree students in 2018-2019.
Speaking financially, the FCS Men’s Football team at UND took home $4,965,053 in revenue. The academic progress rate of the team is 962.
UND not only placed well in this ranking, but it is also #2 on our overall quality list.Request Information
Notes and References
*Avg Tuition and Fees and Avg 4-Year Grad Rate are for the top 2 schools only.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of our data about colleges.
- Revenue and expense information comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s Equity in Athletics Data Analysis (EADA) website.
- The academic progress rate (APR) of each team was made available by the NCAA.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Information about the national average student loan default rate is from the U.S. Department of Education and refers to data about the 2016 borrower cohort tracking period for which the cohort default rate (CDR) was 10.1%.
More about our data sources and methodologies.