For Veterans, Academy of Art University Falls In The Middle Of The Pack
Overall, Academy of Art University falls in the middle of the pack
(#801) on our ranking of the
Best Colleges For Veterans.
Of the 10,044 undergraduate students at Academy of Art University,
of them are Post-9/11 G.I. Bill ® recipients as reported by the VA, which we use to determine the number of veterans at the college.
Note, this figure does not include any active duty military personnel that are attending this college via Tuition Assistance,
so the total military population is likely larger than this.
Why Does Size Matter?
A large number of veterans attending a college means the college and faculty are more used to supporting and accommodating the needs of veterans.
Federal Program Participation
Several federally funded groups set standards for colleges educating service members. Academy of Art University participates in
Involvement in these programs plays a key role in helping us determine how good an option a college is for veterans.
|Principles of Excellence|
|DOD Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)|
|Vet Success on Campus (VSOC)|
What does all this mean to me?
Below you can view the specific commitments this school has made by participating in individual programs:
Career and Vocational Support
|Accommodate Service Members and Reservists absent due to service requirements.||POE|
|Align institutional refund policies with those under Title IV, which governs the administration of federal student financial aid programs.||POE|
|Regionally or Nationally Accredited view all accreditations||MOU|
|Provide information that increases accountability and transparency||MOU|
|Participate in the Military Voluntary Education Review (MVER)||MOU|
|Ensure accreditation of all new programs prior to enrolling students.||POE|
|Will not use fraudulent or aggressive recruiting techniques and misrepresentations.||POE|
|Provide students with a personalized form covering the total cost of an education program.||POE|
|Referrals to community organizations as needed||MOU|
|Designate a point of contact to provide academic and financial advice.||POE|
|Provide educational plans for all military and Veteran education beneficiaries.||POE|
Credit for Military Experience
|Credit For Military Training||ACE|
|Accepts ACE Credits||ACE|
|Accepts Credits by Exam (i.e. CLEP, DSST, ECE)||ACE|
Credit for Other Experience
|Life Experiences|Appeal, Appeal, Appeal
Don't accept a credit decision like it is an order from your commander that must be followed.
There is usually a process at most colleges to appeal any transfer credit acceptance decision.
If you can convince the school that your previous class is similar enough to a class at their school you can often get them to change their decision.
Spending an hour or so doing that can save an entire semester's worth of work and money.
Campus Resources for Veterans
|Veteran Services Office|
Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC)
|Air Force ROTC|
Complaints To The VA
|Quality of Education||1|
|Recruiting / Marketing||0|
|Changes in Degree Requirements||0|
|Transfer of Credits||1|
|Release of Transcript||1|
|Total Distinct Complaints (complaints may have multiple types)||1|
Nearest DOD Adult Education Centers
Travis Air Force Base, Base Education Center
Travis AFB, CA
DSN Phone: 312-837-3444
Presidio of Monterey (DLI/FLC), Army Continuing Education Services
DSN Phone: 312-768-5325
USAREC, Sacramento Battalion, Sacramento Battalion Headquarters
Rancho Cordova, CA
Nearest DOD Transition Assistance Programs
Questions to Ask the Admissions Department
- Do you have a full time VA employee on campus? If so, how do I contact them?
- Which programs and majors participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program and which do not?
- What is your policy for accepting transfer credits from other colleges?
- Who determines the relevance of prior courses to courses offered here and their applicability to my intended major?
- What is your process for appealing initial transfer decisions I don't agree with?
- Which special majors or course areas have "final year" or "final semester" residency requirements?
- Which nationally accredited colleges do you accept credits from?
- What are the most popular majors among veterans at this college?
- Where do most of the veterans that attend this college live?
- How many active duty military personnel are attending this college via Tuition Assistance benefits?
- How do I contact the Veterans Services office?
- Where is the Veterans Services office located?
College Factual is not affiliated with the Department of Defense or any Military Service.