All About Academics
What's the point of going to college without academics? Find out more about the faculty and staff, what majors and fields of study are offered at this college, and information on online classes if offered. Here are some of the things you'll learn in this section.
- The student to faculty (instructor) ratio.
- The Majors offered at this college.
- What online and distance learning options are available.
The total number of instructional staff teaching the 1,920 undergraduate students at Allegheny College is 207. When this is adjusted to account for those with part-time status, the result is the "full-time equivalent" (FTE) count. Using the FTE count for students and staff results in a "student to instructor" ratio of 10 to 1 which places Allegheny College among the best concerning instructional attention.
|For every instructor (FTE) at Allegheny College, there are 10 undergraduate students (FTE). This ratio is among the best regarding instructional attention.|
|The vast majority of the instructors (84.0%) are full-time.|
The vast majority of instructors (84.0%) are "faculty" rather than "lecturers".
The Most Popular Majors Students Choose
Allegheny College offers 36 distinct undergraduate degrees, concentrated into 30 majors within 18 broad fields of study. Across all fields of study, Allegheny College awarded 522 undergraduate degrees in 2016 - 2017.
|Most Popular Majors||Associates Graduations||Bachelors Graduations||All Graduations|
|Natural Resources Conservation||0||49||49|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||42||42|
Additional Questions to Ask
- Are you looking for a lot of flexibility? Does this college offer online or summer classes that might help you finish your degree?
- Interested in graduate school? How many students from this college go on to achieve additional degrees?
- Will a degree from this school land you a job? How many graduates were employed full time a year after graduating?