All About Academics
What's the point of going to college without academics? Find out more about the faculty and staff, what majors and fields of study are offered at this college, and information on online classes if offered. Here are some of the things you'll learn in this section.
- The student to faculty (instructor) ratio.
- The Majors offered at this college.
- What online and distance learning options are available.
The total number of instructional staff teaching the 2,358 undergraduate students at Alvernia University is 311. When this is adjusted to account for those with part-time status, the result is the "full-time equivalent" (FTE) count. Using the FTE count for students and staff results in a "student to instructor" ratio of 12 to 1 which makes Alvernia University better than the typical college regarding instructional attention.
|For every instructor (FTE) at Alvernia University, there are 12 undergraduate students (FTE). This ratio is better than the typical college concerning instructional attention.|
|A slim percentage of the instructors (34.0%) are full-time.|
|107 instructors are "faculty" rather than "lecturers".
Most Popular Majors
Alvernia University offers 48 distinct undergraduate degrees, concentrated into 35 majors within 19 broad fields of study. Across all fields of study, Alvernia University awarded 538 undergraduate degrees in 2015 - 2016.
|Most Popular Majors||Associates Graduations||Bachelors Graduations||All Graduations|
|Criminal Justice & Corrections||0||60||60|
|Mental & Social Health Services||0||58||58|
|Health Professions (Other)||0||39||39|
|Business Administration & Management||0||37||37|
Additional Questions to Ask
- Are you looking for a lot of flexibility? Does this college offer online or summer classes that might help you finish your degree?
- Interested in graduate school? How many students from this college go on to achieve additional degrees?
- Will a degree from this school land you a job? How many graduates were employed full time a year after graduating?