Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Accounting at Auburn University at Montgomery

Find Schools Near

Accounting at Auburn University at Montgomery

The Accounting major is part of the business, management & marketing program at Auburn University at Montgomery.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. Also, learn how AUM ranks among other schools offering degrees in accounting.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Accounting Degrees Available at AUM

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
  • Master’s Degree in Accounting

AUM Accounting Rankings

The accounting major at AUM is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Accounting. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Colleges for Accounting 412
Most Popular Colleges for Accounting 516
Highest Paid Accounting Graduates 607

Popularity of Accounting at AUM

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Auburn University at Montgomery handed out 32 bachelor's degrees in accounting. Due to this, the school was ranked #516 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 10% over the previous year when 29 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 11 students received their master’s degree in accounting from AUM. This makes it the #390 most popular school for accounting master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Student Debt Do Accounting Graduates from AUM Have?

Student Debt of Accounting Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at AUM, accounting students borrow a median amount of $17,375 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all accounting bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $25,000.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the accounting program at AUM is $180 per month.

AUM Accounting Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the accounting majors at Auburn University at Montgomery.

AUM Accounting Bachelor’s Program

Of the 32 students who earned a bachelor's degree in Accounting from AUM in 2018-2019, 22% were men and 78% were women.

AUM Gender Breakdown of Accounting Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at AUM are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 69% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Auburn University at Montgomery with a bachelor's in accounting.

Ethnic Diversity of Accounting Majors at Auburn University at Montgomery
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 7
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 22
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 2

AUM Accounting Master’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 11 students earned a master's degree in accounting from AUM. About 82% of these graduates were women and the other 18% were men.

AUM Gender Breakdown of Accounting Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 64% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Auburn University at Montgomery with a master's in accounting.

Ethnic Diversity of Accounting Majors at Auburn University at Montgomery
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 7
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 2

Related Major Annual Graduates
General Business/Commerce 32
Finance & Financial Management 23
Business Administration & Management 17
Marketing 15
Human Resource Management 12

View All Accounting Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You