Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Education at Baylor University

Find Schools Near

Education at Baylor University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. We've also included details on how Baylor ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in education.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Education Degrees Available at Baylor

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Education
  • Master’s Degree in Education
  • Doctorate Degree in Education

Baylor Education Rankings

Baylor is in the top 10% of the country for education. More specifically it was ranked #24 out of 413 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #1 in Texas.

Popularity of Education at Baylor

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Baylor University handed out 119 bachelor's degrees in education. Due to this, the school was ranked #197 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 12% over the previous year when 136 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 34 students received their master’s degree in education from Baylor. This makes it the #738 most popular school for education master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 3 students received their doctoral degrees in education in 2018, making the school the #422 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Baylor Education Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at Baylor University.

Baylor Education Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 119 students earned a bachelor's degree in education from Baylor. About 82% of these graduates were women and the other 18% were men.

Baylor Gender Breakdown of Education Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Baylor are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 82% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Baylor University with a bachelor's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at Baylor University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 15
White 97
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 4

Baylor Education Master’s Program

The education program at Baylor awarded 34 master's degrees in 2017-2018. About 35% of these degrees went to men with the other 65% going to women.

Baylor Gender Breakdown of Education Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at Baylor are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 76% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Baylor University with a master's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at Baylor University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 26
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 1

Areas of Concentration for Education

Education students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Teacher Education Subject Specific 65
Teacher Education Grade Specific 60
Educational Administration 15
Curriculum & Instruction 9
Special Education 7

Majors Similar to Education

Related Major Annual Graduates
Communication & Journalism 264
Social Sciences 221
Psychology 158
Family, Consumer & Human Sciences 64
History 38

View All Education Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You