All About Academics
What's the point of going to college without academics? Find out more about the faculty and staff, what majors and fields of study are offered at this college, and information on online classes if offered. Here are some of the things you'll learn in this section.
- The student to faculty (instructor) ratio.
- The Majors offered at this college.
- What online and distance learning options are available.
The total number of instructional staff teaching the 2,392 undergraduate students at Bellingham Technical College is 144. When this is adjusted to account for those with part-time status, the result is the "full-time equivalent" (FTE) count. Using the FTE count for students and staff results in a "student to instructor" ratio of 20 to 1 which places Bellingham Technical College among the worst concerning instructional attention.
|For every instructor (FTE) at Bellingham Technical College, there are 20 undergraduate students (FTE). This ratio is among the worst regrading instructional attention.|
|A significant percentage of the instructors (43.0%) are full-time.|
A significant percentage of instructors (43.0%) are "faculty" rather than "lecturers".
The Most Popular Majors Students Choose
Bellingham Technical College offers 32 distinct undergraduate degrees, concentrated into 25 majors within 11 broad fields of study. Across all fields of study, Bellingham Technical College awarded 475 undergraduate degrees in 2017 - 2018.
|Most Popular Majors||Associates Graduations||Bachelors Graduations||All Graduations|
|Precision Metal Working||55||0||55|
|Allied Health Professions||38||0||38|
|Electrical & Power Transmission Installers||37||0||37|
|Electromechanical Engineering Technology||36||0||36|
Additional Questions to Ask
- Are you looking for a lot of flexibility? Does this college offer online or summer classes that might help you finish your degree?
- Interested in graduate school? How many students from this college go on to achieve additional degrees?
- Will a degree from this school land you a job? How many graduates were employed full time a year after graduating?