Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology at Boston University

Find Schools Near

Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology at Boston University

The Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology major is part of the biological & biomedical sciences program at Boston University.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. Also, learn how Boston U ranks among other schools offering degrees in biochemistry.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Degrees Available at Boston U

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry
  • Doctorate Degree in Biochemistry

Boston U Biochemistry Rankings

The bachelor's program at Boston U was ranked #57 on College Factual's Best Schools for biochemistry list. It is also ranked #6 in Massachusetts.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Colleges for Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology 15
Highest Paid Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Graduates 78

Popularity of Biochemistry at Boston U

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Boston University handed out 122 bachelor's degrees in biochemistry, biophysics and molecular biology. Due to this, the school was ranked #15 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 42% over the previous year when 86 degrees were handed out.

How Much Do Biochemistry Graduates from Boston U Make?

Salary of Biochemistry Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Biochemistry majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Boston U go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $39,500 a year. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $31,500 for all biochemistry bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Biochemistry Graduates from Boston U Have?

Student Debt of Biochemistry Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Boston U, biochemistry students borrow a median amount of $26,963 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $21,573 for all biochemistry majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the biochemistry program at Boston U is $280 per month.

Biochemistry Student Diversity at Boston U

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biochemistry majors at Boston University.

Boston U Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 122 students earned a bachelor's degree in biochemistry from Boston U. About 65% of these graduates were women and the other 35% were men.

Boston U Gender Breakdown of Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Boston University with a bachelor's in biochemistry.

Ethnic Diversity of Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Majors at Boston University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 30
Black or African American 7
Hispanic or Latino 12
White 47
Non-Resident Aliens 15
Other Races 11

Areas of Concentration for Biochemistry

Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Biochemistry & Molecular Biology 66
Molecular Biology 58
Biochemistry 2
Biophysics 1

Related Major Annual Graduates
Ecology, Evolution & Systematics Biology 175
Biological & Biomedical Sciences (Other) 172
General Biology 130
Neurobiology & Neurosciences 109
Physiology & Pathology Sciences 99

View All Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You