Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer & Information Sciences at Boston University

Find Schools Near

Computer & Information Sciences at Boston University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. Also, learn how Boston U ranks among other schools offering degrees in computer and information sciences.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Computer & Information Sciences Degrees Available at Boston U

  • Certificate (1 - 2 Years) in Computer & Information Sciences
  • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences
  • Doctorate Degree in Computer & Information Sciences

Boston U Computer & Information Sciences Rankings

Boston U was ranked #90 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for computer and information sciences majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #8 in Massachusetts.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Computer & Information Sciences Colleges for Veterans 122
Most Popular Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 124
Best Value Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 430

Popularity of Computer & Information Sciences at Boston U

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Boston University handed out 170 bachelor's degrees in computer and information sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #124 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 10% over the previous year when 154 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 448 students received their master’s degree in computer and information sciences from Boston U. This makes it the #19 most popular school for computer and information sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 8 students received their doctoral degrees in computer and information sciences in 2018, making the school the #80 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Computer & Information Sciences Student Diversity at Boston U

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the computer and information sciences majors at Boston University.

Boston U Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 170 students earned a bachelor's degree in computer and information sciences from Boston U. About 26% of these graduates were women and the other 74% were men.

Boston U Gender Breakdown of Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Boston University with a bachelor's in computer and information sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer & Information Sciences Majors at Boston University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 37
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 12
White 49
Non-Resident Aliens 52
Other Races 15

Boston U Computer & Information Sciences Master’s Program

During the 2017-2018 academic year, 448 computer and information sciences majors earned their master's degree from Boston U. Of these graduates, 71% were men and 29% were women.

Boston U Gender Breakdown of Computer & Information Sciences Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Boston University with a master's in computer and information sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer & Information Sciences Majors at Boston University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 52
Black or African American 32
Hispanic or Latino 26
White 154
Non-Resident Aliens 148
Other Races 36

Areas of Concentration for Computer & Information Sciences

Computer and Information Sciences students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Information Science 329
Computer Science 282
Computer Software & Applications 30
Computer Information Systems 14
Information Technology 10

Majors Similar to Computer & Information Sciences

Related Major Annual Graduates
Biological & Biomedical Sciences 925
Engineering 791
Mathematics & Statistics 271
Physical Sciences 125
Architecture & Related Services 32

View All Computer & Information Sciences Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You