Mechanical Engineering at Boston Universityengineering program at Boston University.
We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. Also, learn how Boston U ranks among other schools offering degrees in ME.
Jump to any of the following sections:
Mechanical Engineering Degrees Available at Boston U
- Bachelor’s Degree in ME
- Master’s Degree in ME
- Doctorate Degree in ME
Boston U ME Rankings
Boston U was ranked #40 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for ME majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #5 in Massachusetts.
|Highest Paid Mechanical Engineering Graduates||50|
|Best Mechanical Engineering Colleges for Non-Traditional Students||58|
Popularity of ME at Boston U
During the 2018-2019 academic year, Boston University handed out 143 bachelor's degrees in mechanical engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #100 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 1% over the previous year when 145 degrees were handed out.
In 2019, 81 students received their master’s degree in ME from Boston U. This makes it the #31 most popular school for ME master’s degree candidates in the country.
In addition, 11 students received their doctoral degrees in ME in 2019, making the school the #48 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.
How Much Do ME Graduates from Boston U Make?
Salary of ME Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
The median salary of ME students who receive their bachelor's degree at Boston U is $66,900. This is higher than $62,400, which is the national median for all ME bachelor's degree recipients.
Salary of ME Graduates with a Master's Degree
Graduates of the master's ME program at Boston U make a median salary of $79,000. This is a better than average outcome since the median salary for all ME graduates with a master's is $78,200.
How Much Student Debt Do ME Graduates from Boston U Have?
Student Debt of ME Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at Boston U, ME students borrow a median amount of $26,870 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $23,500 for all ME majors across the country.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the ME program at Boston U is $279 per month.
Student Debt of ME Graduates with a Master's Degree
At Boston U, a typical ME student working on their master's degree borrrows about $65,600 in student loans. This is not favorable since the median amount of student debt for all ME master's graduates is $26,250.
Those master's students from Boston U on a 10-year student debt repayment plan end up paying a median amount of $764 per month.
ME Student Diversity at Boston U
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the ME majors at Boston University.
Boston U Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s Program
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 143 students earned a bachelor's degree in ME from Boston U. About 36% of these graduates were women and the other 64% were men.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Boston University with a bachelor's in ME.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||5|
|Hispanic or Latino||15|
Boston U Mechanical Engineering Master’s Program
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 81 students earned a master's degree in ME from Boston U. About 23% of these graduates were women and the other 77% were men.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Boston University with a master's in ME.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||0|
|Hispanic or Latino||3|
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
- Image Credit: By Cmcnicoll at English Wikipedia under License
More about our data sources and methodologies.
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >
Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online ... Learn More >
Grand Canyon University (GCU)
With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments ... Learn More >
Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences ... Learn More >
Colorado Technical University (CTU)
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, aculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology ... Learn More >