Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Chemistry at Boston University

Find Schools Near

Chemistry at Boston University

Chemistry is one of the majors in the physical sciences program at Boston University.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how Boston U ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in chemistry.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Chemistry Degrees Available at Boston U

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry
  • Master’s Degree in Chemistry
  • Doctorate Degree in Chemistry

Boston U Chemistry Rankings

The chemistry major at Boston U is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Chemistry. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Chemistry Graduates 45
Most Popular Colleges for Chemistry 125
Most Focused Colleges for Chemistry 701

Popularity of Chemistry at Boston U

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Boston University handed out 31 bachelor's degrees in chemistry. Due to this, the school was ranked #125 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 3% over the previous year when 30 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 16 students received their master’s degree in chemistry from Boston U. This makes it the #32 most popular school for chemistry master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 11 students received their doctoral degrees in chemistry in 2019, making the school the #102 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Student Debt Do Chemistry Graduates from Boston U Have?

Student Debt of Chemistry Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Boston U, chemistry students borrow a median amount of $26,760 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $23,000 for all chemistry majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the chemistry program at Boston U is $278 per month.

Chemistry Student Diversity at Boston U

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the chemistry majors at Boston University.

Boston U Chemistry Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 31 students earned a bachelor's degree in chemistry from Boston U. About 58% of these graduates were women and the other 42% were men.

Boston U Gender Breakdown of Chemistry Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Boston University with a bachelor's in chemistry.

Ethnic Diversity of Chemistry Majors at Boston University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 14
Non-Resident Aliens 5
Other Races 4

Boston U Chemistry Master’s Program

Of the 16 students who graduated with a Master’s in chemistry from Boston U in 2019, 56% were men and 44% were women.

Boston U Gender Breakdown of Chemistry Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Boston University with a master's in chemistry.

Ethnic Diversity of Chemistry Majors at Boston University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 8
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 1

Related Major Annual Graduates
Physics 35
Astronomy & Astrophysics 22
Geological & Earth Sciences 7

View All Chemistry Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You