Economics at Boston Universitysocial sciences program at Boston University.
We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how Boston U ranks in comparison to other schools with economics programs.
Jump to any of the following sections:
Economics Degrees Available at Boston U
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics
- Master’s Degree in Economics
- Doctorate Degree in Economics
Boston U Economics Rankings
Boston U was ranked #40 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for economics majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #9 in Massachusetts.
|Best Colleges for Economics||40|
|Highest Paid Economics Graduates||74|
|Most Focused Colleges for Economics||123|
|Best Value Colleges for Economics||199|
Popularity of Economics at Boston U
During the 2018-2019 academic year, Boston University handed out 289 bachelor's degrees in economics. Due to this, the school was ranked #37 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 9% over the previous year when 264 degrees were handed out.
In 2019, 144 students received their master’s degree in economics from Boston U. This makes it the #3 most popular school for economics master’s degree candidates in the country.
In addition, 15 students received their doctoral degrees in economics in 2019, making the school the #23 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.
How Much Do Economics Graduates from Boston U Make?
Salary of Economics Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
Economics majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Boston U go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $50,000 a year. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $44,300 for all economics bachelor's degree recipients.
How Much Student Debt Do Economics Graduates from Boston U Have?
Student Debt of Economics Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at Boston U, economics students borrow a median amount of $25,000 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $21,666 for all economics majors across the country.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the economics program at Boston U is $259 per month.
Economics Student Diversity at Boston U
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the economics majors at Boston University.
Boston U Economics Bachelor’s Program
The economics program at Boston U awarded 289 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 55% of these degrees went to men with the other 45% going to women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Boston University with a bachelor's in economics.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||6|
|Hispanic or Latino||23|
Boston U Economics Master’s Program
The economics program at Boston U awarded 144 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 54% of these degrees went to men with the other 46% going to women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Boston University with a master's in economics.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||1|
|Hispanic or Latino||3|
Most Popular Majors Related to Economics
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|International Relations & National Security||259|
|Political Science & Government||143|
|Other Social Sciences||106|
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
- Image Credit: By Cmcnicoll at English Wikipedia under License
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Purdue University Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Grand Canyon University (GCU) With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Northcentral University Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Colorado Technical University (CTU) CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. Learn More >|