Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Foreign Languages & Linguistics at Brandeis University

Find Schools Near

Foreign Languages & Linguistics at Brandeis University

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how Brandeis ranks in comparison to other schools with foreign languages and linguistics programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Foreign Languages & Linguistics Degrees Available at Brandeis

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Foreign Languages & Linguistics
  • Master’s Degree in Foreign Languages & Linguistics

Brandeis Foreign Languages & Linguistics Rankings

The foreign languages and linguistics major at Brandeis is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Foreign Languages & Linguistics. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Colleges for Foreign Languages & Linguistics 402
Most Focused Colleges for Foreign Languages & Linguistics 440

Popularity of Foreign Languages & Linguistics at Brandeis

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Brandeis University handed out 18 bachelor's degrees in foreign languages and linguistics. Due to this, the school was ranked #402 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 36% over the previous year when 28 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 11 students received their master’s degree in foreign languages and linguistics from Brandeis. This makes it the #89 most popular school for foreign languages and linguistics master’s degree candidates in the country.

Brandeis Foreign Languages & Linguistics Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the foreign languages and linguistics majors at Brandeis University.

Brandeis Foreign Languages & Linguistics Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 18 students earned a bachelor's degree in foreign languages and linguistics from Brandeis. About 78% of these graduates were women and the other 22% were men.

Brandeis Gender Breakdown of Foreign Languages & Linguistics Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Brandeis are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 56% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Brandeis University with a bachelor's in foreign languages and linguistics.

Ethnic Diversity of Foreign Languages & Linguistics Majors at Brandeis University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 10
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

Brandeis Foreign Languages & Linguistics Master’s Program

The foreign languages and linguistics program at Brandeis awarded 11 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 64% of these degrees went to men with the other 36% going to women.

Brandeis Gender Breakdown of Foreign Languages & Linguistics Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 100% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Brandeis University with a master's in foreign languages and linguistics.

Ethnic Diversity of Foreign Languages & Linguistics Majors at Brandeis University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 11
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Foreign Languages & Linguistics Majors

Foreign Languages and Linguistics students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Classical Languages & Literature 16
Linguistics & Comparative Literature 13

Related Major Annual Graduates
Visual & Performing Arts 64
English Language & Literature 45
Philosophy & Religious Studies 30
Liberal Arts / Sciences & Humanities 2

View All Foreign Languages & Linguistics Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You