Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Public Administration & Social Service at Brandeis University

Find Schools Near

Public Administration & Social Service at Brandeis University

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. In addition, we cover how Brandeis ranks in comparison to other schools with public administration and social service programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Public Administration & Social Service Degrees Available at Brandeis

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration & Social Service
  • Master’s Degree in Public Administration & Social Service
  • Doctorate Degree in Public Administration & Social Service

Brandeis Public Administration & Social Service Rankings

In College Factual's most recent rankings for the best schools for public administration and social service majors, Brandeis came in at #6. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study. It is also ranked #1 in Massachusetts.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service 6
Highest Paid Public Administration & Social Service Graduates 55
Best Public Administration & Social Service Colleges for Veterans 59
Most Popular Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service 96
Best Value Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service 166
Most Focused Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service 168

Popularity of Public Administration & Social Service at Brandeis

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Brandeis University handed out 96 bachelor's degrees in public administration and social service. Due to this, the school was ranked #96 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 3% over the previous year when 93 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 58 students received their master’s degree in public administration and social service from Brandeis. This makes it the #230 most popular school for public administration and social service master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 16 students received their doctoral degrees in public administration and social service in 2019, making the school the #12 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Brandeis Public Administration & Social Service Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the public administration and social service majors at Brandeis University.

Brandeis Public Administration & Social Service Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 96 students earned a bachelor's degree in public administration and social service from Brandeis. About 89% of these graduates were women and the other 11% were men.

Brandeis Gender Breakdown of Public Administration & Social Service Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Brandeis University with a bachelor's in public administration and social service.

Ethnic Diversity of Public Administration & Social Service Majors at Brandeis University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 22
Black or African American 13
Hispanic or Latino 11
White 42
Non-Resident Aliens 6
Other Races 2

Brandeis Public Administration & Social Service Master’s Program

For the most recent academic year available, 21% of public administration and social service master's degrees went to men and 79% went to women.

Brandeis Gender Breakdown of Public Administration & Social Service Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Brandeis University with a master's in public administration and social service.

Ethnic Diversity of Public Administration & Social Service Majors at Brandeis University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 28
Non-Resident Aliens 12
Other Races 3

Public Administration & Social Service Majors

Public Administration and Social Service students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Public Policy 165
Community Organization & Advocacy 5

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You