Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer & Information Sciences at Brigham Young University - Provo

Find Schools Near

Computer & Information Sciences at Brigham Young University - Provo

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. We've also included details on how BYU ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in computer and information sciences.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Computer & Information Sciences Degrees Available at BYU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences

BYU Computer & Information Sciences Rankings

BYU was ranked #75 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for computer and information sciences majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #1 in Utah.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 1
Best Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 75
Best Computer & Information Sciences Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 107

Popularity of Computer & Information Sciences at BYU

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Brigham Young University - Provo handed out 253 bachelor's degrees in computer and information sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #52 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 4% over the previous year when 264 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 85 students received their master’s degree in computer and information sciences from BYU. This makes it the #140 most popular school for computer and information sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

Computer & Information Sciences Student Diversity at BYU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the computer and information sciences majors at Brigham Young University - Provo.

BYU Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 253 students earned a bachelor's degree in computer and information sciences from BYU. About 8% of these graduates were women and the other 92% were men.

BYU Gender Breakdown of Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 80% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Brigham Young University - Provo with a bachelor's in computer and information sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer & Information Sciences Majors at Brigham Young University - Provo
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 9
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 9
White 202
Non-Resident Aliens 18
Other Races 13

BYU Computer & Information Sciences Master’s Program

Of the 85 computer and information sciences students who graduated with a master's degree in 2017-2018 from BYU, about 85% were men and 15% were women.

BYU Gender Breakdown of Computer & Information Sciences Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at BYU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 75% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Brigham Young University - Provo with a master's in computer and information sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer & Information Sciences Majors at Brigham Young University - Provo
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 64
Non-Resident Aliens 9
Other Races 4

Areas of Concentration for Computer & Information Sciences

Computer and Information Sciences students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Computer Science 164
Information Technology 104
Computer Information Systems 55
Computer Software & Applications 15

Majors Similar to Computer & Information Sciences

Related Major Annual Graduates
Biological & Biomedical Sciences 825
Engineering 602
Mathematics & Statistics 212
Physical Sciences 121
Agriculture & Agriculture Operations 74

View All Computer & Information Sciences Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You