Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Social Sciences at California State University - East Bay

Find Schools Near

Social Sciences at California State University - East Bay

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. In addition, we cover how California State University - East Bay ranks in comparison to other schools with social sciences programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Social Sciences Degrees Available at California State University - East Bay

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Social Sciences

California State University - East Bay Social Sciences Rankings

The bachelor's program at California State University - East Bay was ranked #339 on College Factual's Best Schools for social sciences list. It is also ranked #39 in California.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Colleges for Social Sciences 392

Popularity of Social Sciences at California State University - East Bay

During the 2017-2018 academic year, California State University - East Bay handed out 351 bachelor's degrees in social sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #122 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 13% over the previous year when 310 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 17 students received their master’s degree in social sciences from California State University - East Bay. This makes it the #232 most popular school for social sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

Social Sciences Student Diversity at California State University - East Bay

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the social sciences majors at California State University - East Bay.

California State University - East Bay Social Sciences Bachelor’s Program

The social sciences program at California State University - East Bay awarded 351 bachelor's degrees in 2017-2018. About 35% of these degrees went to men with the other 65% going to women.

California State University - East Bay Gender Breakdown of Social Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California State University - East Bay with a bachelor's in social sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Social Sciences Majors at California State University - East Bay
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 48
Black or African American 60
Hispanic or Latino 145
White 41
Non-Resident Aliens 15
Other Races 42

California State University - East Bay Social Sciences Master’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 17 students earned a master's degree in social sciences from California State University - East Bay. About 53% of these graduates were women and the other 47% were men.

California State University - East Bay Gender Breakdown of Social Sciences Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California State University - East Bay with a master's in social sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Social Sciences Majors at California State University - East Bay
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 7
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 3

Areas of Concentration for Social Sciences

Social Sciences students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Sociology 239
Political Science & Government 60
Economics 34
Anthropology 26
Geography & Cartography 17

Related Major Annual Graduates
Psychology 288
Education 226
Family, Consumer & Human Sciences 190
Communication & Journalism 169
History 54

View All Social Sciences Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You