Sociology at California State University - East Baysocial sciences program at California State University - East Bay.
Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. We've also included details on how Cal State East Bay ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in sociology.
Go directly to any of the following sections:
Sociology Degrees Available at Cal State East Bay
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology
Cal State East Bay Sociology Rankings
Popularity of Sociology at Cal State East Bay
During the 2018-2019 academic year, California State University - East Bay handed out 222 bachelor's degrees in sociology. Due to this, the school was ranked #20 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 7% over the previous year when 239 degrees were handed out.
How Much Do Sociology Graduates from Cal State East Bay Make?
Salary of Sociology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
The median salary of sociology students who receive their bachelor's degree at Cal State East Bay is $32,900. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $29,700 for all sociology bachelor's degree recipients.
How Much Student Debt Do Sociology Graduates from Cal State East Bay Have?
Student Debt of Sociology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at Cal State East Bay, sociology students borrow a median amount of $16,500 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all sociology bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $24,466.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the sociology program at Cal State East Bay is $171 per month.
Sociology Student Diversity at Cal State East Bay
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the sociology majors at California State University - East Bay.
Cal State East Bay Sociology Bachelor’s Program
The sociology program at Cal State East Bay awarded 222 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 15% of these degrees went to men with the other 85% going to women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California State University - East Bay with a bachelor's in sociology.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||45|
|Hispanic or Latino||93|
Majors Similar to Sociology
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Political Science & Government||37|
|Geography & Cartography||12|
More about our data sources and methodologies.
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >
Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online ... Learn More >
Grand Canyon University (GCU)
With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments ... Learn More >
Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences ... Learn More >
Colorado Technical University (CTU)
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, aculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology ... Learn More >