Public Health at California State University - Northridgehealth professions program at California State University - Northridge.
Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. We've also included details on how CSUN ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in public health.
Go directly to any of the following sections:
Public Health Degrees Available at CSUN
CSUN Public Health Rankings
Popularity of Public Health at CSUN
During the 2019-2020 academic year, California State University - Northridge handed out 358 bachelor's degrees in public health. Due to this, the school was ranked #11 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 11% over the previous year when 322 degrees were handed out.
In 2020, 96 students received their master’s degree in public health from CSUN. This makes it the #43 most popular school for public health master’s degree candidates in the country.
How Much Do Public Health Graduates from CSUN Make?
Salary of Public Health Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
The median salary of public health students who receive their bachelor's degree at CSUN is $31,600. This is higher than $31,100, which is the national median for all public health bachelor's degree recipients.
Salary of Public Health Graduates with a Master's Degree
Graduates of the master's public health program at CSUN make a median salary of $53,500. This is a better than average outcome since the median salary for all public health graduates with a master's is $48,300.
How Much Student Debt Do Public Health Graduates from CSUN Have?
Student Debt of Public Health Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at CSUN, public health students borrow a median amount of $14,883 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all public health bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $25,000.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the public health program at CSUN is $154 per month.
Student Debt of Public Health Graduates with a Master's Degree
At CSUN, a typical public health student working on their master's degree borrrows about $33,376 in student loans. This means that these borrowers may have an easier time paying back their loans thatn the typical public health graduate who borrows a median amount of $44,894.
Those master's students from CSUN on a 10-year student debt repayment plan end up paying a median amount of $389 per month.
Public Health Student Diversity at CSUN
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the public health majors at California State University - Northridge.
CSUN Public Health Bachelor’s Program
The public health program at CSUN awarded 358 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 20% of these degrees went to men with the other 80% going to women.
The majority of the bachelor's degree graduates for this major are Hispanic or Latino. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 56% of grads fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California State University - Northridge with a bachelor's in public health.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||17|
|Hispanic or Latino||201|
CSUN Public Health Master’s Program
Of the 59 students who earned a master's degree in Public Health from CSUN in 2019-2020, 17% were men and 83% were women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California State University - Northridge with a master's in public health.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||5|
|Hispanic or Latino||22|
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Health & Medical Administrative Services||214|
|Rehabilitation & Therapeutic Professions||57|
|Allied Health Professions||39|
More about our data sources and methodologies.