General Psychology at California State University - Northridge

General Psychology at California State University - Northridge

The General Psychology major is part of the psychology program at California State University - Northridge.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how CSUN ranks in comparison to other schools with psychology programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

General Psychology Degrees Available at CSUN

CSUN Psychology Rankings

The bachelor's program at CSUN was ranked #259 on College Factual's Best Schools for psychology list. It is also ranked #34 in California.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General Psychology 6
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for General Psychology 86
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General Psychology 112
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for General Psychology 124
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for General Psychology 218
Best General Psychology Master’s Degree Schools 229
Best General Psychology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 236
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General Psychology 250

Popularity of Psychology at CSUN

During the 2019-2020 academic year, California State University - Northridge handed out 804 bachelor's degrees in general psychology. Due to this, the school was ranked #7 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 9% over the previous year when 885 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 27 students received their master’s degree in psychology from CSUN. This makes it the #44 most popular school for psychology master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Psychology Graduates from CSUN Make?

Salary of Psychology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of psychology students who receive their bachelor's degree at CSUN is $25,700. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $27,900 for all psychology students.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Psychology Graduates from CSUN Have?

Student Debt of Psychology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at CSUN, psychology students borrow a median amount of $13,000 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all psychology bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $24,991.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the psychology program at CSUN is $135 per month.

CSUN Psychology Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the psychology majors at California State University - Northridge.

CSUN General Psychology Bachelor’s Program

Of the 804 students who earned a bachelor's degree in General Psychology from CSUN in 2019-2020, 25% were men and 75% were women.

undefined

The majority of the bachelor's degree graduates for this major are Hispanic or Latino. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 54% of grads fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California State University - Northridge with a bachelor's in psychology.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 52
Black or African American 34
Hispanic or Latino 432
White 177
Non-Resident Aliens 60
Other Races 49

CSUN General Psychology Master’s Program

The psychology program at CSUN awarded 18 master's degrees in 2019-2020. About 28% of these degrees went to men with the other 72% going to women.

undefined

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at CSUN are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 56% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California State University - Northridge with a master's in psychology.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 10
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 1

Related Major Annual Graduates
Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology 27

View All General Psychology Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You