Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Philosophy & Religious Studies at Carnegie Mellon University

Find Schools Near

Philosophy & Religious Studies at Carnegie Mellon University

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. Also, learn how Carnegie Mellon ranks among other schools offering degrees in philosophy and religious studies.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Philosophy & Religious Studies Degrees Available at Carnegie Mellon

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Philosophy & Religious Studies
  • Master’s Degree in Philosophy & Religious Studies
  • Doctorate Degree in Philosophy & Religious Studies

Carnegie Mellon Philosophy & Religious Studies Rankings

The philosophy and religious studies major at Carnegie Mellon is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Philosophy & Religious Studies. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Colleges for Philosophy & Religious Studies 150
Most Focused Colleges for Philosophy & Religious Studies 326

Popularity of Philosophy & Religious Studies at Carnegie Mellon

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Carnegie Mellon University handed out 21 bachelor's degrees in philosophy and religious studies. Due to this, the school was ranked #150 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 62% over the previous year when 13 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 9 students received their master’s degree in philosophy and religious studies from Carnegie Mellon. This makes it the #51 most popular school for philosophy and religious studies master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 1 students received their doctoral degrees in philosophy and religious studies in 2019, making the school the #109 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Philosophy & Religious Studies Student Diversity at Carnegie Mellon

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the philosophy and religious studies majors at Carnegie Mellon University.

Carnegie Mellon Philosophy & Religious Studies Bachelor’s Program

The philosophy and religious studies program at Carnegie Mellon awarded 21 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 52% of these degrees went to men with the other 48% going to women.

Carnegie Mellon Gender Breakdown of Philosophy & Religious Studies Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Carnegie Mellon University with a bachelor's in philosophy and religious studies.

Ethnic Diversity of Philosophy & Religious Studies Majors at Carnegie Mellon University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 8
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 4

Carnegie Mellon Philosophy & Religious Studies Master’s Program

Of the 9 students who earned a master's degree in Philosophy & Religious Studies from Carnegie Mellon in 2018-2019, 56% were men and 44% were women.

Carnegie Mellon Gender Breakdown of Philosophy & Religious Studies Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Carnegie Mellon University with a master's in philosophy and religious studies.

Ethnic Diversity of Philosophy & Religious Studies Majors at Carnegie Mellon University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 4
Non-Resident Aliens 4
Other Races 0

Philosophy & Religious Studies Majors

Philosophy and Religious Studies students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Philosophy 31

Related Major Annual Graduates
Visual & Performing Arts 311
English Language & Literature 71
Liberal Arts / Sciences & Humanities 30
Foreign Languages & Linguistics 27

View All Philosophy & Religious Studies Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You